Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Going to Japan

Bring lots of money.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM

Haha, pachinko's rad. I played last time I was there and won like $300. I had no idea what I was doing, but the lights kept blinking and all those damn balls kept coming out.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should check out the silver beats

http://www.silverbeats.com/english/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

D,

Did you see them with the Killers? They got a standing o at the show I saw.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, they really were very good
Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM

Question for anyone who's been to Japan,

What are good places to go if I'm looking to meet/ hook up with girls? Does Japan have a bar/club scene like America?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for anyone who's been to Japan,

What are good places to go if I'm looking to meet/ hook up with girls? Does Japan have a bar/club scene like America?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tokyo has a pretty sick clubbing scene in the Rapungi (sp?) district. I think hooking up may be difficult, as the Japanese are generally shy.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo has a pretty sick clubbing scene in the Rapungi (sp?) district. I think hooking up may be difficult, as the Japanese are generally shy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been myself but hooking up in Roppongi is apparently quite easy from what I hear.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Never been to Tokyo, but in Osaka it was insanely easy. Just hit up some gaijin (foreigner) bars, you'll know them because they have names in English, and the chicks will flock to you. If you hit up Osaka, make sure to hit up Captain Kangaroo's, one of my favorite bars worldwide, great staff and a hell of alot of fun.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 AM

They have this strip club. You walk in and it looks like a subway car. The ground is moving and there are poles to hang on to. There are smoking hot chicks dressed up like school girls standing their acting like they are riding the subway. You just go up and start feeling em up and stuff.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 AM

Look for the clubs near military bases. That's where the Japanese women who want to meet Americans flock to. Almost impossible not to score.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

* We definitely plan to spend some time in Tokyo and Kyoto. Any other cities we should plan trips to? Any other daytrips that are worthwhile? How about good places to stay? Worth doing the "Japanese inn" thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Hiroshima was definitely worth my time. We arrived late afternoon and stayed overnight before hitting the A-Dome and museum.

On the way, we also went to Himeji. Here's a shot of the castle:

Not much else in Himeji though.

[ QUOTE ]

* Tips on places to see bizarre Japanese pop culture very much appreciated. If there's somewhere we can see the world's biggest Pokemon or something similar, I'm all about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No giant pokemon, but here's a pic of a giant ultra man.

It's located near the sunshine city. While there, you can also visit a place with a big ANIMATE on the side of the building. It has 5-6 floors just full of everything you can imagine related to anime. I'm not a huge fan but it was ridiculous how much stuff was in there.

[ QUOTE ]

* Wife is a karaoke fiend (she's good) and is psyched to be visiting its birthplace. Do they have places where you perform in front of the whole bar, or do we need to hook up with a group of drunk Japanese businessmen and get a private room?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a pic of a karaoke building. Yes, it's the entire building.

We went to one in downtown kyoto. It's cheaper after 11:30pm. Unfortunately that night, our translator went back to the hotel to rest so we had a hard time figuring out WTF was going on. They had a menu w/ several different sets. Basically it was free drinks that came with the room. Each room had individual AC units and portable LCD touch screen song selection.