Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Official review thread, Shaundeeb 22r win

Heres the full hand history of shauns 22r win last week. I'll be putting up my review probably sometime tomorrow, until then, heres the link:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA58215/...eeb%2022r/8550
Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Official review thread, Shaundeeb 22r win

nice, I'll get right on this.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM

as usual with my hhs if theres a really weird open fold it's prob a timeout [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM

When did PXF update their replayer? I like it a lot better now... Much easier to skip garbage hands
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 PM

Default My few questions

Nice win.

Here are a few questions I have.

#19 – you seriously thought two people were going to fold in a rebuy tournament to your river bet??? I’m assuming you have some previous experience against these opponents.

#23 – any read that lead to this weak turn fold

#39 – nice. You sure run goot.

#106 – open fold KJs on the button – assuming this is a timeout?

#151 – Did you have a read on hansmetgrote? Called SB here with 99, then called him down. Just wondering

#270 & #371 – I looks like you have no respect for a standard raise from the button. M=8 and m=10 for opponents in these circumstances; is there something special about those numbers in terms of your willingness to resteal. Typically I like villain to have more behind, but obviously I’d love to hear what you have to say about it (since you have around 100 more wins than I do). Or do you have some specific read on the villains?

#399 – do you know that Aryamehr would check this down typically? What’s your call range here? I’ve heard you say you are a “+EV whore” and don’t like to check these spots down, but certaintly you can’t be looking for lots of EV here OOP against PFR in a protected pot.

Again, congrats, and I'll finish up later.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: My few questions

Do I need to buy something to look at this or you can sign up for free?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 PM

You can sign up for free. It gave me problems for awhile, FWIW.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 PM

#19 – you seriously thought two people were going to fold in a rebuy tournament to your river bet??? I’m assuming you have some previous experience against these opponents.

when neither of them shove the turn I am not putting them on anything good at best maybe A5. The only thing I feel that calls me on the river there is slowplayed set/FH turned and Js xs Which is such a small % there.

#23 – any read that lead to this weak turn fold
you must have the hand number wrong 23 I raised KQo UTG and c/f on a J76 flop

#39 – nice. You sure run goot.

I think you meant 38 here but yah standard stack a donk line.

#106 – open fold KJs on the button – assuming this is a timeout?

it was KJo and prob a timeout could check raw HH but Im lazy

#151 – Did you have a read on hansmetgrote? Called SB here with 99, then called him down. Just wondering

I expected 90% of unknowns in the 20r to shove over my complete way wider then they shove over my 3x. Plus if they don't shove it means they have at best 1 over I minbet flop as I do a lot in BvB he minraises I call because theres still good chance I have best hand he minbets turn I call still thinking I have best hand often enough. River he checks behind no big deal. Reason for call down if I put a bet or raise in he folds everything worse and rarely folds anything better cuz its tp in a BvB vs a bigger stack.

#270 & #371 – I looks like you have no respect for a standard raise from the button. M=8 and m=10 for opponents in these circumstances; is there something special about those numbers in terms of your willingness to resteal. Typically I like villain to have more behind, but obviously I’d love to hear what you have to say about it (since you have around 100 more wins than I do). Or do you have some specific read on the villains?

Those are good resteal spots with ok hands. Before I was anything in mtts I asked gobbo at the time at some tstone event about a shove I made with KQ and if it was good and he said to me when you resteal and they fold it doesn't matter what you had. I had enough FE in both those spots to resteal and if called I didn't do awful vs their range.

#399 – do you know that Aryamehr would check this down typically? What’s your call range here? I’ve heard you say you are a “+EV whore” and don’t like to check these spots down, but certainly you can’t be looking for lots of EV here OOP against PFR in a protected pot.

I did because he was a tighter then avg opener and I also had a really good image for restealing later at the ft so I thought it was better for image reasons not to reshove and I expected him toc heck it down if I hit my pair sooner I would of bet. I didn't bet river because I didn't see him calling with a worse hand there ever.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Gotta watch this! Thanks for posting!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 PM

informative!