Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Middle pair, ragged flop, what do i do now?

3 players saw the flop for $1 plus the BB called one bet plus the small blind that is 12+2+.5=14.5 bets. So after the first guy bets, pot is laying me 15.5:1 to call.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:06 AM

yes, I see where I went wrong. I went downt the list and counted the monetary value of each individual bet separately, when like you just pointed out, I should have counted the sum bet of each individual.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should have folded this pre-flop when it came back 2 to you. With only 2 people in the hand you aren't getting the odds you need to hit your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 12:2 against possibly two over pairs? If he flops a set here he will be rolling in the quarters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he only 8:1 to hit his set?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little better than that to hit your set but a little worse to win with it but think of the pile of money you could possibly make against a couple of over pairs or an over pair and a possible lag here if you hit your set. Your implied odds to hit a set here are huge.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded there and don't mind it one bit. I really did not want to get one bet to death.

Also, i was 14:1 on the flop so i'm pretty sure I had odds for my backdoor straight draw but it was marginal and I really did not feel like being trapped between two agressive players. The chance of one of them having an over pair was too high imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ckj,

If you folded where you stopped the action this is bad. You call the first time getting 15:1 not closing the action and then fold when the pot is offering you 19:1 and you are closing the action?