Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Flying hi and die. Time to get both feet on the ground. ( long )

[ QUOTE ]
What will generate most money 9 tabling full ring 200nl or 4 tabling 200nl ? may seem like a dum question but i wanna be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this varies a lot on the time of day, etc. Also, there is no rule saying you can't mix full ring and 6max. I routinely find myself playing 4-5 6max and a 2-3 full rings between 200nl and 400nl.

Also, I think its a mistake to think "I just play level X" Maybe this works for some people but I like to have a range of three levels I'm working. One that I am massively over-rolled for that I play when tired, recovering from steaming during a previous session, concerned about my game, scared, etc. My main level that I have atleast 20 buyins for and then my upper-level that I have 10-15 buyins for that I take regular shots at when running good, feeling good and finding good games. This multi-tiered approach has worked exceptionally well for me.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:03 AM

nm
Old 01-27-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Also the way rakeback get calculated for you is a pretty annoying, they wont tell their affiliates how much each individuel rakebacker has raked, so you have to use pokertracker and some other program(forgot name) to send screenshots to the affiliate."

This is 100% false.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Its true in at least some cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Also the way rakeback get calculated for you is a pretty annoying, they wont tell their affiliates how much each individuel rakebacker has raked, so you have to use pokertracker and some other program(forgot name) to send screenshots to the affiliate."

This is 100% false.

Back to the other question. I play part time and I 3 table the $200NL mostly and I can make $5K. You dont need to 9 table. If you need to play that many tables to make that amount of money, you probably arent nearly as good as you once thought you were...or you arent putting in many hours at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, i have always been an 4 tabling player. But when i got down to 200nl and 400nl playing full rings it was so boring, so incredible boring. Couldnt stand it only playing 3-4 tables. plus it really seems like ABC-poker would be enough. I have a feeling i will start 3-4 tabling 200nl.

Yeah im putting in enough hours, and yeah i am capable of beating these games and i will. I am just lost at many WR and BR questions. I know i shouldnt be, but i am.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What will generate most money 9 tabling full ring 200nl or 4 tabling 200nl ? may seem like a dum question but i wanna be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this varies a lot on the time of day, etc. Also, there is no rule saying you can't mix full ring and 6max. I routinely find myself playing 4-5 6max and a 2-3 full rings between 200nl and 400nl.

Also, I think its a mistake to think "I just play level X" Maybe this works for some people but I like to have a range of three levels I'm working. One that I am massively over-rolled for that I play when tired, recovering from steaming during a previous session, concerned about my game, scared, etc. My main level that I have atleast 20 buyins for and then my upper-level that I have 10-15 buyins for that I take regular shots at when running good, feeling good and finding good games. This multi-tiered approach has worked exceptionally well for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more an question like i know i can play abc-poker playing 9 tables full ring, plus its boring to play like 4 tables. But SH i just cant play more tables then 4, i lose concetration and make stupid plays.

So if i really needed to make money one month what should i choose. I understand what you are saying about mixing it up, to get variance and rather stay table selective, than just try to open as many tables as possible.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 AM

Your missing a hand against me where you flopped a set of 9s against my Aces and could have gotten much more money out of it. Definitely a hand to review if you want to get better.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your missing a hand against me where you flopped a set of 9s against my Aces and could have gotten much more money out of it. Definitely a hand to review if you want to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah But we already know what I should have done, being more aggressive that is? But i can post it tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more an question like i know i can play abc-poker playing 9 tables full ring, plus its boring to play like 4 tables. But SH i just cant play more tables then 4, i lose concetration and make stupid plays.

So if i really needed to make money one month what should i choose. I understand what you are saying about mixing it up, to get variance and rather stay table selective, than just try to open as many tables as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't play more then 4 short-handed tables, but you can play 10 full ring, I'd play full ring. 1/2 full ring on party especially during prime time hours is a very good game.