Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Flying hi and die. Time to get both feet on the ground. ( long )

[ QUOTE ]
just the other day, i saw you at the 600NL tables. it's really important to play within your bankroll if you're playing poker for a living. start at the 200 just to be safe. 400 if you're confident that you can beat that level. however, ive played about 1000 hands with you and you dropped 6 buy-ins at the 600 level. i looked at the hand histories and they weren't exactly "bad luck". you made stupid plays and went broke on mediocre hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think i was the first one who admitted i have played very very very very very very very very very bad this month. I have tilted i said that in original post. Anyway i think i will start at 200nl as recommended. Im not getting mad at you for saying I sucked, i just wanted to point out i aint hidding it or lying about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway i think i will start at 200nl as recommended. Im not getting mad at you for saying I sucked, i just wanted to point out i aint hidding it or lying about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were 4-tabling NL400 two hours ago, weren't you?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:52 PM

i'm probably the worst 600 player here, and i had NO business playing that high.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway i think i will start at 200nl as recommended. Im not getting mad at you for saying I sucked, i just wanted to point out i aint hidding it or lying about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were 4-tabling NL400 two hours ago, weren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was 9-tabling 400nl, that was before i made up my mind about where i was gonna play. It went ok Made two bad calls. Got 2 outered for a buyin. Got 5 outered for half a buyin. flopped a set of 3's vs a set of Q's for another buyin. Drew out with a turn semibluff for a litte more than a buyin.

Ended about even.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
going back to school might be more +EV

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. Sure i wont have poker as job my whole life but now I will. I am willing to go the extra mile for it. If I want a job which would teach me more about economics i could easily get one. But I dont wanna talk about that. Plz dont make this into a job versus school versus poker thread. There are plenty of them and i have read them. I took very much in consideration when i took made that decision and im not regretting it.

So now lets talk poker. Please give me some good answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya gotta love this guy. Asks for advice, then immediately discounts advice he doesn't want to hear.

It isn't necessary for education and poker to be mutually exclusive.

I think one of the "relatively" untapped poker resources is live games at your local country club (private). In Dallas there are easily over 25, and close to 100 if you count Fort Worth and the 'burbs between. Each club has it's own weekly game so there is a wide variety of games and limits. My club has a 15/30 pot limit game (Omaha and Holdem only, 2/3 Omaha). Players are serious gamblers, very wealthy, but employed as doctor, lawyer, dentist, homebuilder. You will not find any of these guys on 2+2 but you will run into them at Foxwoods.

Without "some" education and very good social skills you wouldn't make it past the front door. To play online all you need are poker skills and a strong dose of emotional maturity. To mix and mingle with the grownups you need a bit more than that.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
going back to school might be more +EV

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. Sure i wont have poker as job my whole life but now I will. I am willing to go the extra mile for it. If I want a job which would teach me more about economics i could easily get one. But I dont wanna talk about that. Plz dont make this into a job versus school versus poker thread. There are plenty of them and i have read them. I took very much in consideration when i took made that decision and im not regretting it.

So now lets talk poker. Please give me some good answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya gotta love this guy. Asks for advice, then immediately discounts advice he doesn't want to hear.

It isn't necessary for education and poker to be mutually exclusive.

I think one of the "relatively" untapped poker resources is live games at your local country club (private). In Dallas there are easily over 25, and close to 100 if you count Fort Worth and the 'burbs between. Each club has it's own weekly game so there is a wide variety of games and limits. My club has a 15/30 pot limit game (Omaha and Holdem only, 2/3 Omaha). Players are serious gamblers, very wealthy, but employed as doctor, lawyer, dentist, homebuilder. You will not find any of these guys on 2+2 but you will run into them at Foxwoods.

Without "some" education and very good social skills you wouldn't make it past the front door. To play online all you need are poker skills and a strong dose of emotional maturity. To mix and mingle with the grownups you need a bit more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all no I dont wanna hear something i already had very much thought in, my response was very clear. I could finnish school i have 1 year left, it would be easy for me. It would even be easier to get a job where i learned more and got a nice pay. But as i said i dont wanna do that.

Second yeah I think you are right about the live games but they arent as good in sweden as they are in USA. I know one club where i live and i dont think there are that many donators there.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm probably the worst 600 player here, and i had NO business playing that high.

[/ QUOTE ]
You wouldnt have a chance vs my play lately. I would be at my 7 buyin before you have lost your first [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 PM

What will generate most money 9 tabling full ring 200nl or 4 tabling 200nl ? may seem like a dum question but i wanna be sure.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What will generate most money 9 tabling full ring 200nl or 4 tabling 200nl ? may seem like a dum question but i wanna be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tempted to make a thread asking people to post their current game, hands played, VPIP/PFR, win rate, MT ratio, hourly rate to see how multitabling at different levels affects hourly rate.

I imagine most people would post with a 2nd account.

Not sure if its a good idea though.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 PM

I was gonna post hands, But almost everyone of them was me getting outdrawn or flopping topset vs flush. Thats just whinning And a winning player doesnt whine.

Here is one that might be interesting. ( and when playing 200 nl shall i post in small stakes or mid stakes?)

Button is tag solid and BB is 28/13 quite aggressive. My pf raise isnt mcuh to talk about, just mixxing. My turn play feels terrible.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

CO ($129.10)
Button ($332.05)
SB ($374.35)
BB ($202.05)
UTG ($275.65)
UTG+1 ($240.75)
UTG+2 ($249.90)
MP1 ($177.40)
Hero ($200)
MP3 ($163)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $8, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, BB calls $15, Hero calls $15.

River: ($70) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $45</font>, Hero ????

I feel like i have been palying good today. But been abit unlucky with some key hands. If anyone wanna respond to how i have played i would be happy to hear it.