Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

63/82 with 581 passing yards (for a 7.2 average), and one win.

He is bringing nothing electric to this team, only dump offs to Coles/Cotch/Leon, and hoping they will make plays.

If you look earlier in this thread, you will see I was defending Pennington from earlier trolls, but enough is enough, lets make the deep ball a weapon for the jets again.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:06 PM

but magra, that's more of a playcalling thing, not an issue with pennington's skills imo...

he can throw the deep ball fairly well with regards to accuracy...

i've also noticed the play calling has been relatively conservative since pennington led this team, but i think he could be effective if given a wider range of plays...again, the mistake here might be the playcalling because the coaches underestimate pennington's skills (lol, that sounds funny from an average fan critiquing coaches, but whatever)...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM

I'd like this debate to be civilized so Thay3r before you call me an idiot who knows nothing about the Jets, consider this:

The Bills are the worst defense in the NFL. The worst. Stats can prove that, they have given up the most passing and rushing yards of any team. Yet Chad could only lead the team to 14 points on offense. But hey, let's give him the award for the best passing completion % and QB rating...oh wait, there isn't any. Any QB could have a great completion % with the amount of time Chad was dumping it off to Leon or throwing short passes. Add the fact that our WR's today had God-like hands and made some nice catches. I mean this was the worst freaking offense and defense in the NFL and we [censored] the bed.

This guy is just so limited physically. We need to start opening the playbook, and spreading the defense. With Chad, the coaching staff won't throw the deep ball, and that was evident today. Throwing outs and semi-distant throws, the defense easily jumped the pass route, because his lack of arm strength. I'm tired of this and the constant check downs. Defenses can just stay in the box because Chad NEVER throws downfield.

This goes to my next point of how we need to start Clemens now. Look, the QB we need for this team isn't a QB who can only put up 14 against the NFL's most putrid defense. He isn't the guy to lead us - this isn't the CP of 2002. Chad MIGHT be able to win a SB on the right team but this team isn't even close. It's time to see what Kellen can do. With our personnel and current record it would take a miracle to get in the playoffs. It's not even about Chad Pennington anymore, it's about what's best for the NY Jets. It's time to start looking forward.

I love the Jets, call me a pessimist or whatever, but the fact remains that we lost to the Buffalo Bills. Some of you are waiting for the 2002 Chad like we waited for the 1998 Vinny for 4 years.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but magra, that's more of a playcalling thing, not an issue with pennington's skills imo...

he can throw the deep ball fairly well with regards to accuracy...

i've also noticed the play calling has been relatively conservative since pennington led this team, but i think he could be effective if given a wider range of plays...again, the mistake here might be the playcalling because the coaches underestimate pennington's skills (lol, that sounds funny from an average fan critiquing coaches, but whatever)...

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have to do with Pennington's skills. Do you think that when the OC gives Chad the plays, he says "the first option is the checkdown"? He doesn't, the first option is usually downfield. Now I don't know why he doesn't throw it downfield often, but what I did see is
A) Chad's weak arm caused the defense to jump routes
B) Chad's weak arm killed some of our WR's today on those >8+ yard throws

You say that Chad needs a wider range of plays. I think the CS has already thought of this, but can't do it because of Chad's physical limitations. A lot of downfield plays require the QB to throw a frozen rope, something I haven't seen from Chad ever, and probably won't see ever again.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:35 PM

lol mangenius. lol
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: I heart Barnes

[ QUOTE ]
missed the game as i was out getting my hopes absolutely crushed by the mets...

can't say much, but on the surface, this loss looks like it was dissappointing

holy [censored], this was a bad day

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Rutgers for you guys
Old 09-30-2007, 09:20 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2007, 09:22 PM

The New York Rats can't win games this year no matter what they try.

And this year, they've tried EVERYTHING.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing that makes feel better about how bad the Bills are is the Jets are worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no, the Jets will be fine. 2 tough games to start, today's being eminently winnable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Today in that post referred to last week. Booya.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol mangenius. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you bitch [censored]