Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: FTS - Some suggested improvements/additions

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a feature request, maybe to esoteric for inclusion
I like to size my cash game tables different than tournaments. This is because I play more tables and such, play smaller tables when playing cash. So the feature would be to set the table size for cash games, and the table size for tournie games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Powers,
I'll add it to the wish list and see how many others are interested in this.
nano
Old 10-29-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

1. Couldn't you have a field for a rebuy amount less than max and if you won, you would end up at [won pot + entered rebuy figure] or [max rebuy] (whichever is the smaller figure), but if you lost you would end up at your entered rebuy figure?

2. A fixed bet would be handy for some situations that arise very frequently if the player wants to remain unwavering in his bet size in those situations. For example after the flop with 2 players following a called blind steal. There are a number of other situations that would apply as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey BB,
1. Yes, it could be made to work that way, but I'm not sure that most short stack players would want it that way, as their stack would keep increasing doubly fast if they win some. It would operate in a non-intuitive way, as the software would rebuy when they win. I'll see if others chime in on this.
2. I'll add this to the wish list, and see if others ask for it too.
nano
Old 10-30-2007, 12:56 AM

Hi Nano,

I'm not sure you are understanding the concept properly, because it is an improvement on your current rebuy implementation.

The way you have it now rebuys the user to max every time they are all in - win or lose. My suggestion would give your users the choice to rebuy for an amount of their choosing if they were all in and lost. When they win, both ways get them to max (although with my suggestion, sometimes not even to max if the pot they won was not large).

My suggested addition does not get them to max any sooner than the way you have it now. If fact, in some cases, it doesn't even get them to max if they win, whereas your current implementation gets them to max every time they go all in - win or lose.

Just to be clear, what I am suggesting is that you add a field for an auto rebuy amount, as opposed to always defaulting to max rebuy. That way, when the player is all in, the auto-rebuy occurs for the desired amount. If the player loses, the rebuy ends up being for the desired amount. If the player wins, the rebuy ends up being for the desired amount + the size of the pot. I'm not suggesting that you remove the choice to auto-rebuy for the max. Just add a choice to specify an amount other than max if the player so desires.

Also, this feature wouldn't have to affect anyone who didn't wish to use it because they wouldn't have to enter a value or use the feature if they didn't want to.

If you think it over carefully, I think you will see that it offers your users more control and less risk (and it shouldn't be be very difficult to implement).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

1. Couldn't you have a field for a rebuy amount less than max and if you won, you would end up at [won pot + entered rebuy figure] or [max rebuy] (whichever is the smaller figure), but if you lost you would end up at your entered rebuy figure?

2. A fixed bet would be handy for some situations that arise very frequently if the player wants to remain unwavering in his bet size in those situations. For example after the flop with 2 players following a called blind steal. There are a number of other situations that would apply as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey BB,
1. Yes, it could be made to work that way, but I'm not sure that most short stack players would want it that way, as their stack would keep increasing doubly fast if they win some. It would operate in a non-intuitive way, as the software would rebuy when they win. I'll see if others chime in on this.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

I'm not sure you are understanding the concept properly, because it is an improvement on your current rebuy implementation.

The way you have it now rebuys the user to max every time they are all in - win or lose. My suggestion would give your users the choice to rebuy for an amount of their choosing if they were all in and lost. When they win, both ways get them to max (although with my suggestion, sometimes not even to max if the pot they won was not large).

My suggested addition does not get them to max any sooner than the way you have it now. If fact, in some cases, it doesn't even get them to max if they win, whereas your current implementation gets them to max every time they go all in - win or lose.

Just to be clear, what I am suggesting is that you add a field for an auto rebuy amount, as opposed to always defaulting to max rebuy. That way, when the player is all in, the auto-rebuy occurs for the desired amount. If the player loses, the rebuy ends up being for the desired amount. If the player wins, the rebuy ends up being for the desired amount + the size of the pot. I'm not suggesting that you remove the choice to auto-rebuy for the max. Just add a choice to specify an amount other than max if the player so desires.

Also, this feature wouldn't have to affect anyone who didn't wish to use it because they wouldn't have to enter a value or use the feature if they didn't want to.

If you think it over carefully, I think you will see that it offers your users more control and less risk (and it shouldn't be be very difficult to implement).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey BB,
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi BB,
Well, let's run through an example...

Say a short stack player is playing 200 NL, and buys in for $50. Ideally, he would like the software to rebuy back to $50 when his stack gets below $50 and he loses the hand.

One (somewhat reasonable) case might be: Let's say he starts with $50. Preflop he raises to $6. The software would then pop up the get chips dialog box to rebuy $6 in chips. On the flop he bets $15. Again the software pops up the get chips dialog box and buys $15 more in chips. If he goes AI on the turn for $29, the get chips dialog would pop up again and buy $29 more chips. If he loses the hand, he gets what he wants (a $50 stack again). If he wins, his stack is now $150 (and normally he would expect to have just $100).

I'm concerned that the extra pop ups would be annoying and the extra chip growth would defeat the purpose of his short stack strategy (besides being non-intuitive for how they might expect the software to work). I'm also concerned that I'll get LOTS of questions/complaints about why it works that way.

If I understand you correctly, you don't mind buying extra chips if you win a hand... and you want less than a full stack buyin if you lose a hand. And the extra "get chip" pop ups in the middle of a hand don't annoy you.

It's not trivial to implement, as the code is now written to only allow one rebuy in any given hand (so you don't get more than one pop up), but it's not too hard to implement either.

If there are others that would like it work this way, I will seriously consider it.

Are we in the same zipcode? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nano
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hi BB,
Well, let's run through an example...

Say a short stack player is playing 200 NL, and buys in for $50. Ideally, he would like the software to rebuy back to $50 when his stack gets below $50 and he loses the hand.

One (somewhat reasonable) case might be: Let's say he starts with $50. Preflop he raises to $6. The software would then pop up the get chips dialog box to rebuy $6 in chips. On the flop he bets $15. Again the software pops up the get chips dialog box and buys $15 more in chips. If he goes AI on the turn for $29, the get chips dialog would pop up again and buy $29 more chips. If he loses the hand, he gets what he wants (a $50 stack again). If he wins, his stack is now $150 (and normally he would expect to have just $100).

I'm concerned that the extra pop ups would be annoying and the extra chip growth would defeat the purpose of his short stack strategy (besides being non-intuitive for how they might expect the software to work). I'm also concerned that I'll get LOTS of questions/complaints about why it works that way.

If I understand you correctly, you don't mind buying extra chips if you win a hand... and you want less than a full stack buyin if you lose a hand. And the extra "get chip" pop ups in the middle of a hand don't annoy you.

It's not trivial to implement, as the code is now written to only allow one rebuy in any given hand (so you don't get more than one pop up), but it's not too hard to implement either.

If there are others that would like it work this way, I will seriously consider it.

Are we in the same zipcode? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nano

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nano,

First of all, I hope I don't come across as criticizing your software, because I think it is excellent. I am just trying to address a few areas I think could be improved. I also have not used it for long, so I may be missing something. But let me try to explain what I am getting at.

I am not suggesting that you change the rebuy frequency to more than once per hand. I am only refering to the all-in auto-rebuy. In my limited experience with FTS, it seems that anytime I go all-in, the software rebuys for the max. I'm just asking for a field that lets me specify how much is rebought when I go all in.

Or perhaps you could just have the software read the amount put in the "Initial Buyin Amount" or the "Manual Reload Amount" and use that as the "auto-rebuy" amount instead of the auto-rebuy amount defaulting to 100% of max.

Does this make any sense, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Problem....

Even though I am only playing on one table, it tells me that I have too many tables open and automatically closes. What is up with it? The only other program I am usingis tournament indicator but I doubt that is the problem.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Problem....

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I am only playing on one table, it tells me that I have too many tables open and automatically closes. What is up with it? The only other program I am usingis tournament indicator but I doubt that is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some other program must have a title bar that is similar to a FT table. Try exiting out of any possible programs, and see if that solves it. If so, send me a screen capture of the program that causes the problem (or the exact contents of the title bar) and I'll fix it.
nano
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 AM

[quote
Hi Nano,

First of all, I hope I don't come across as criticizing your software, because I think it is excellent. I am just trying to address a few areas I think could be improved. I also have not used it for long, so I may be missing something. But let me try to explain what I am getting at.

I am not suggesting that you change the rebuy frequency to more than once per hand. I am only refering to the all-in auto-rebuy. In my limited experience with FTS, it seems that anytime I go all-in, the software rebuys for the max. I'm just asking for a field that lets me specify how much is rebought when I go all in.

Or perhaps you could just have the software read the amount put in the "Initial Buyin Amount" or the "Manual Reload Amount" and use that as the "auto-rebuy" amount instead of the auto-rebuy amount defaulting to 100% of max.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken here, BB. I appreciate suggestions from users (that's were most new features come from!)

I'll add your suggestion to the wish list, and if others want it I will consider it.

I personally wouldn't want such a feature that only did a rebuy when I went all in, and then if I won the hand I would end up with 50% extra chips. But let's see if others chime in on this.

pm me if you want to chat on aim or skype about this.

nano
Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 AM

Hi Nano,

I don't think we are on the same page here. I am only talking about the rebuy when the user is all-in. I am not suggesting that you change anything about the auto-rebuy except for when the user is all-in. The way you have it coded, the user rebuys for max every time the user is all-in. I am just suggesting that you give the use the choice to rebuy for less than max *when they are all-in*.

Is that difficult to do? I can't see the downside to it.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
[quote
Hi Nano,

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken here, BB. I appreciate suggestions from users (that's were most new features come from!)

I'll add your suggestion to the wish list, and if others want it I will consider it.

I personally wouldn't want such a feature that only did a rebuy when I went all in, and then if I won the hand I would end up with 50% extra chips. But let's see if others chime in on this.

pm me if you want to chat on aim or skype about this.

nano

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> </font>
Old 10-31-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nano,

I don't think we are on the same page here. I am only talking about the rebuy when the user is all-in. I am not suggesting that you change anything about the auto-rebuy except for when the user is all-in. The way you have it coded, the user rebuys for max every time the user is all-in. I am just suggesting that you give the use the choice to rebuy for less than max *when they are all-in*.

Is that difficult to do? I can't see the downside to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there is some confusion on how the software works now. The auto-rebuy feature always rebuys for the max anytime the user's stack drops below the auto-reload point. If the user wins the hand, Full Tilt prevents the user from buying extra chips if he is already over the max buyin after including the amount he won in the hand.

To reload to max buyin, the software checks the "max buyin" option on the get chips dialog box, and it only has to do this once per hand even if user makes several bets before he is all in.

You say not to change anything except if he is all in... But if the user bets $10 and that drops him below the reload point, the software will reload to max. If the user then goes all in, the software doesn't do anything, because he is already reloaded to he max.

I assume you don't want the software to reload to max if you bet $10, and reload for a different amount if you go all in.

Perhaps you could set the auto reload point to be a very small percentage, say 3%. Then the software would only do a reload when you were virtually all in. If the software did reload to the initial buyin amount at that point, that might be close to what you are asking for. But you still have the problem that if you win the hand, you end up with 50% extra in chips (because the software did a reload for you, win or lose). And in this case, you only get a reload when you are all in.

But this method would not work well if you set the buyin to be 25% and set the reload point to be 20%. If your stack fell to 20%, the software would rebuy an additional 5% in chips for the start of the next hand. If you then went all in, the software would not rebuy again (as it already did one rebuy in the hand). If you lost, you would start the next hand with only 5% in chips.

Now the software could be changed to do more than one rebuy in the hand (but then it is annoying to see that pop up every time you bet). If you bet 10% preflop, it would rebuy 10%. If you bet 10% of your stack on the flop, it would rebuy another 10%. If you lost the hand, you would get what you wanted with a replenished stack. If you won, you end up with your original stack plus your winnings plus another buyin amount.

Did you say you are ok with it buying additional chips if you end up winning the hand?

I really don't see any way that this would work well, considering all of the ways the betting could go down in a hand. If you want to give me some senerios for how you think it would work for both the all in case and if the user makes smaller bets and then gets all in, it might help (rather than just talking about the all in case). Where would you set the reload point and the initial buyin point to be? What would happen if the user just barely dropped below the reload point? What would then happen if he bet more in the hand? Then what would happen if he goes all in?

I'd also love to have a auto reload method that works well for playing with a short stack, but I just don't see it yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

nano