Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: malmuth on bluffing

Is he not speaking in an all-knowing theory manner? Meaning when the guy who bluffs zero percent of the time bets, he is only betting when he has the best hand. And for the guy that bluffs 50% of the time, he is only bluffing when he has the worst hand for certain.

Sometimes you obviously bluff with the best hand or value bet the worse, but that would needlessly complicate basic theoretic models.

This seems like the most obvious explanation here. Occam FTW? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he not speaking in an all-knowing theory manner? Meaning when the guy who bluffs zero percent of the time bets, he is only betting when he has the best hand. And for the guy that bluffs 50% of the time, he is only bluffing when he has the worst hand for certain.

Sometimes you obviously bluff with the best hand or value bet the worse, but that would needlessly complicate basic theoretic models.

This seems like the most obvious explanation here. Occam FTW? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would be helpful to have the essay. Without it we really can't say what he's talking about. I would guess that the folks who say he's wrong have mininterpreted what he wrote.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO, I suppose you are too young to know QuadNines or ramashiva either. One loves to quote Mason out of context and the other is just an escapee from an asylum.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont care who those people are. are you saying the direct quotes are wrong? if so then please correct them. if they are taken out of context then place them in context. i'm more inclined to believe people who back up their claims with evidence more than people who just fling unsupported accusations. nevertheless, thanks for your limited input.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I have the book
2) I read the esay again prior to posting
3) Believe anyone you like, I don't really care
4) If you really care buy the book yourself
5) Now I am sure you are either Quad Nines or a new troll

Jimbo