Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM

Default PartySNGHelper v1.15 is now available

Today's Party update now means that if you try to turn off your chat you get a little smiley face placed next to your name. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hate playing with chat on (and being forced to read "donk-drivel"), but I also don't much want to make myself stand out as "the dude with a little smiley face next to his name that's playing on every table..." either, so I've added an option to PartySNGHelper to completely remove the chat-box and the box to enter chat in, etc.

I've also added a similar option to hide the 3 buttons displayed in the bottom right corner of the table (I can't see any reason anybody would ever want to press these...).

There are also a few cosmetic adjustments to the GUI that should make the script work properly when using WinXP style. I noticed on Donkraft's video that the listbox didn't quite work the same for WinXP and "classic" style (the buttons all overlapped the listbox...) - this should be fixed now.

I've updated the Wiki page with the new script, but I can't seem to get the attachment to upload atm (will try again later):

http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartySNGHelper

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: These new options might also help reduce the CPU spikes that the Party client has been suffering from recently, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: PartySNGHelper v1.15 is now available

Great work! Now I'm not tempted anymore to flame the donks anymore, cuz I can't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great work! Now I'm not tempted anymore to flame the donks anymore, cuz I can't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just find it much easier to turn off the chat so I don't have to listen to their tilting/egotistical "donk-drivel" anymore. I used to have the chat turned on when I first played online poker several years ago, but I definitely find it much easier to play with it turned off.

I know it sounds bad, but sometimes the silent donks don't even feel "human" anymore - I want their money and they want to irritate me with variance while they I get it, so the chat seems only to add to their "arsenal of irritation".

PS: LOL, I just became a "Carpal \'Tunnel" talking about "donk-drivel"! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:16 PM

Hi,

Just downloaded sng helper onto a new computer today. Was using an older version (I guess) on my last pc, as this one has some new features. However, it isnt working right now.

Any tips on what I can do?

I have downloaded the autohotkey program, as well as net framework (which was already installed) with no success.

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything, and sit still will not work.

I'll ship you $10 for your trouble of replying [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:39 PM

I am running vista on a Core2 Quad with 3 GB ram if that makes a difference
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: New script: PartySNGHelper

party got a lot of slower since the last update. my pc crashed once thanks for party. any solution for that? someone here got that too since last update?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party got a lot of slower since the last update. my pc crashed once thanks for party. any solution for that? someone here got that too since last update?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, mine seems slower too, but there isn't much you can do about it. My guess is that the little smiley faces they added have been badly hacked into the existing code as when you resize the tables black squares flash up where the faces would be (unlike all the other GUI images/components...).

Each month Party adds some useless feature and the client gets more buggy and more slow - this has been happening since this January... back then I could play 12 tables of "chug-free" poker for nearly 5 hours, but now I can barely play 11 tables of "chug-free" poker for 1 hour and I get a crash about once a week. It's a joke [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2007, 10:36 AM

heres the solution: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=2

thanks for that one, jukofyork [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heres the solution: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=2

thanks for that one, jukofyork [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]