Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: How much do the experts remember

mmm... that mudpie looks delicious
Old 11-17-2007, 08:00 PM

The mud pie stuff did not turn out as well as I wanted it to. I think I ended up using it in a design course, laying it out into kind of a traditional 1-page illustrated recipe, a la Betty Crocker or whatever.

The blue/yellow stuff was just a fun thing I did once though. I did a lot more of them, actually actually sold quite a few of them.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 PM

How Much? 100%, anything less represents a weakness in your game. See Doc AZ post in the FAQ. Still need help, PM in a week for a great drill. Failure in this area is usually blamed on Variance, so you have the perfect excuse if the 100% is not meet. GL
Old 11-18-2007, 12:26 PM

I wonder if it's harder at low stakes. At .5/1 stud/8 it's not uncommon to have 5 people see 4th. Obviously I don't need to remember their upcard, until they decide to fold 4th or 5th and now I have like 15 cards to remember instead of 7. But so far it does not really seem to be all that required plus many of these guys play and 3 so trying to puzzle out their hand is largely a waste of time.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:19 PM

There were a couple of excellent posts by DocAZ on this subject a number of years ago. Unfortunately, the links in the FAQ are broken. 2+2 is changing its software in a couple of weeks, and once they do that, I'll see what I can do about fixing the links.

I organize the cards by suit in my mind. I am more successful in remembering cards than I used to be, and I usually have a very good idea of whether or not the cards I or my opponent need are live, even if I don't specifically remember every individual card.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:27 AM

the first round of upcards are the most important and you only get to see them quickly. on later streets you get all the time you need to remember them before you act.

no one needs a computer program to memorize cards. what has happened to this world. just take a deck and flip up a few cards and see if you can remember them. work your way up from there till you get good.