Default $10 - KK 3-way

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t15/t30
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
All ~1500

Pre-flop: (9 players) Our Plucky Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls t30 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t45)</font>, 5 folds, Button calls t30 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t75)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t120</font>, Our Plucky Hero calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t195)</font>, UTG calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t285)</font>, Button calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t375)</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t480, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Our Plucky Hero bets t300</font>, UTG calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t780)</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in t1350</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Our Plucky Hero ...</font>

Easy fold here? I felt at first like it was, then I thought maybe I was being too tight considering the level. What about preflop?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: $10 - KK 3-way

Reraise preflop to 400.

Now instacall, plz.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 PM

PF I'd raise to something like 375-450
As played: Calling here is good here because you are getting great pot-odds.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 PM

where is the raise preflop. you wanna chase out the limpers and build a pot when you prob have the best hand.

As played call the flop
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Damn now I don't know... I had a big post but... must review again...

I wouldn't put UTG on an 8, he open called and then called the re-raise. SB raised pre-flop so an 8 unlikely also, and the one hand he'd hold you should fear (QQ) would be a fool to CRAI with 2 guys betting into his made house I think.

I'd put one of the two on AQ, and the other on a PP of some kind. Either way, yeah... time to call.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 PM

I was going to raise preflop, but figured someone else was doing aggression for me and I could sneak in there. But let's say I raise preflop and am re-raised? Push or fold?

Weird, cuz I did put an 8 as a possibility in UTG's hand. Since he never showed aggression PF, I figure he's got one of those middlin' hands, and just calling along on the flop seems to me that he's trying to slip by unnoticed. I thought QQ might be in SB's range, but also AQ or any other pair.

Anyway, the results... I called. UTG had 89 and hit a boat on the turn. SB had AA and improved as much as I did, which was not at all.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Yeah, the first time I looked at it, UTG was *highly* suspicious to call. Definitely not on a flush draw cause it's way too pricy, but the fact that he called the pre-flop raise led me to dismiss a middle connector type. That led to me to basically reason AQ as a hand he might have had, or some kind of pair.

I also left out that SB could have had AA as the other hand to fear, but I think most people agree when you're pushing an overpair like QQ and get caught by KK or AA, then you just have to eat it.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM

definite repop preflop, 400 looks good.

as played still get it in.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But let's say I raise preflop and am re-raised? Push or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm...are you seriously gonna fold KK PF? Please.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to raise preflop, but figured someone else was doing aggression for me and I could sneak in there. But let's say I raise preflop and am re-raised? Push or fold?

Weird, cuz I did put an 8 as a possibility in UTG's hand. Since he never showed aggression PF, I figure he's got one of those middlin' hands, and just calling along on the flop seems to me that he's trying to slip by unnoticed. I thought QQ might be in SB's range, but also AQ or any other pair.

Anyway, the results... I called. UTG had 89 and hit a boat on the turn. SB had AA and improved as much as I did, which was not at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

you just need to made aware that this is being results oriented with the way the hand played out. if you reraise preflop and someone still goes all in, its a fist pump+insta snapsupercall PF in a 10 dollar sng. never fold KK pf.

as you can see from the advice, even at this point with the way you played the hand, KK is good here most of the time and you can still stack off profitably with it on the flop even without RR pf.