Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: My 2000th post: Knowing when to hang it up

Good luck! (strat-o-matic is the nuts!)
Old 01-24-2007, 02:07 AM
 is offline

Without hijacking too much, can someone give me 3 second intro on what the hell strat-o-matic is?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without hijacking too much, can someone give me 3 second intro on what the hell strat-o-matic is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tabletop baseball simulation game -- at least baseball is the most popular variant.

In the game, each 'athlete' is represented by a player card, on which are printed various ratings and result tables for dice rolls.

A player is in charge of making strategic and personnel decisions for their team, while determining the results of their decisions by cross-referencing dice rolls with a system of printed charts and tables.

The results on the player cards are determined by a combination of the respective athlete's real-life statistics for the previous year and research of scouting reports.

There are various versions of the game; the more advanced versions give more strategic options to players while taking into account additional nuances of an athlete's abilities (ie., in baseball, differences in hitting vs. left handed or right handed pitchers).
Old 01-24-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tabletop baseball simulation game -- at least baseball is the most popular variant.

In the game, each 'athlete' is represented by a player card, on which are printed various ratings and result tables for dice rolls.

A player is in charge of making strategic and personnel decisions for their team, while determining the results of their decisions by cross-referencing dice rolls with a system of printed charts and tables.

The results on the player cards are determined by a combination of the respective athlete's real-life statistics for the previous year and research of scouting reports.

There are various versions of the game; the more advanced versions give more strategic options to players while taking into account additional nuances of an athlete's abilities (ie., in baseball, differences in hitting vs. left handed or right handed pitchers).

[/ QUOTE ]

This all was turned into a computer game about 11 years ago. Draft leagues and replays are both popular. I play each game in the 2002 replay manually, managing both teams.

/hijack

Thanks for all the kind words by the way. You all are seriously a great community.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Brad,

I have enjoyed our conversations. It takes a really mature person to let go like this, and I think you are saving yourself and Kendra a lot of anguish in the future. Best of luck in whatever endeavors you pursue and keep in touch. I look forward to someday playing some casual poker together in Vegas.

Best,
Paul
Old 01-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Thanks Paul, I've really enjoyed chatting with you as well, and I know I'll one day meet you and others on the forum in person.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck! (strat-o-matic is the nuts!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost done with a 2004 replay myself.