Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: What do you check in PT for leaks?

It makes me wonder if I should move to short handed. Yesterday I played some donk heads-up and made the easiest 35 BB in 15 minutes ever. It wasn't just luck, he was really horrible and I got to play him every hand instead of once or twice every 2 orbits or so. Makes you wonder about SH play.

I'm sorry if some of my posts are off topic btw, but this forum is so quiet lately that it can use any discussion it gets imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then blinds. Defend about 40% and steal about 35%.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm being a bit picky, but isn't this too tight? Anyway, I think this advice is solid.

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I played some donk heads-up and made the easiest 35 BB in 15 minutes ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I play a bit of HU LHE. It's fun and I think it improves your game. I'm not sure SS games are even beatable though even against bad players. The reason for this is the rake. I think you'd have to play much higher stakes to make a decent BB an hour. Also, the variance can be very unpleasant.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM

One thing I do is review specific starting hands.

The biggest leaks come from situations that come up often. One leak I have worked on in my own game is peeling too many flops. So you might take AQ for example. Go through the last 200 hands you have been dealt AQ. Examine each one carefully. Pin down the reason WHY you take each action on every street. Think about the specific hands with AQ for a couple days. Play better.

Good luck.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM

thanks everyone for the tips.......I just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone looked at other than the usual vpip #'s and pfr #'s. Over my last 10k hands my bb/100 was .19......it seem's the beats have been especially brutal over the past 2 weeks. This isn't a woe is me post I know downswings will happen I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can to right the ship

thanks
Old 01-12-2007, 07:19 PM

In addition to what has already been mentioned after each session I will sort by the amount of each pot won/lost and use the 'Playback This Hand' feature to review the big pots I won and lost for the session. I think reviewing some of the pots I have lost has helped me to not go too far with weaker hands.