Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

i'm such a newb. i went out and bought this on a whim. playing on easy right now. i average about 3-star reviews.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a general question, for you GH pros.... on the harder levels is it a requirement that you be able to strum up and down? Right now I'm only strumming in one direction, and I think strumming up/down will take some major practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes definitely. you can pass most of the songs on hard (i think?) without alt-strumming, but i'm not sure how far you could get on expert. it'll take some time to get used to it, but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

just got the game a little while ago and it's great. do i really have to beat every song on expert (or any level) before i can play through the fire and the flames?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a general question, for you GH pros.... on the harder levels is it a requirement that you be able to strum up and down? Right now I'm only strumming in one direction, and I think strumming up/down will take some major practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're gonna have to learn it sooner or later because there will be a few harder songs where they are basically impossible to beat without strumming up and down.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm such a newb. i went out and bought this on a whim. playing on easy right now. i average about 3-star reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did the same with GH 2, and made myself 5 star all the easys before I went to medium, I think it was helpful.

Mind you, I never got past only beating a handful of songs on hard, but I kinda got bored with it.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else having a problem with the Wireless guitar going into star power w/o tilting, or NOT going into star power when you DO tilt? My star power start seems almost totally random.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been a common complaint. I do all right with mine if I play sitting instead of standing. I guess I tend to move the guitar too much while standing and accidentally set off the SP.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM

Beat Lou on expert. Haven't been ttFaF yet, crashed out at 84% in my best run (I'm working on tapping the intro, very very difficult).

Currently nursing a +13 win streak in pro face-off expert online. Wow do most people suck at this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've only lost a total of 2 songs and I've been doing mostly 7 round matches. I already have the "win 15 songs in a row hosting ranked matches" accomplishment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else having a problem with the Wireless guitar going into star power w/o tilting, or NOT going into star power when you DO tilt? My star power start seems almost totally random.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been a common complaint. I do all right with mine if I play sitting instead of standing. I guess I tend to move the guitar too much while standing and accidentally set off the SP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i mean it happened once inawhile with the wired, but this one does it all the time, and I don't move the guitar much either.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored], One kicked the [censored] out of me on Hard =/

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat Knights of Cydonia before it though? I found that one harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

K O C was [censored] nuts. WOW!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Have any of the other expert players here managed tapping the TTFAF intro yet? I'm new to tapping and suck at elbow strumming.

So far I can half-ass it on slower in practice. I could probably 100% it if I clip down the green button; but I don't want to have to break out scotch tape every time I want to play TTFAF.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:47 PM

So.... I beat expert... damn the last boss is a bitch.

Yeah, I didn't do much today.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied... having all kinds of problems with the online modes but hopefully that gets cleared up in the next couple days.