Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

Patricia Dugas, Kevin Everett's mother, "On behalf of my son and our entire family I want to thank the fans and everyone for their prayers, warm wishes and general thoughts about kevin. I especially want to thank the hospital staff and the Bills organization for their tremendous support during this difficult and challenging time. I would ask for everyone to continue to keep kevin in their prayers."
Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so we can't post if we don't care? Says who? Why? Just so the people who don't really "care" but posted to say that they do care feel better?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that you "can't" post, it's just that most posters don't understand why you would want to. Or, put another way, how is this topic any different than any of the many others that you read, don't care about, and then move on.

Why are 3 or 4 people feeling the need to repeatedly clog the threads with messages telling, restating, or clarifying their "non-caring" position.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'd like to state that it's one thing to be a big Bills fan, and/or a big follower of Everett. But the truth is none of you had heard of him until Sunday and you just posted in here to feel better about yourself and feel like you're making a difference in the world.

Clark is the only one who has shown that he truly cares about this injury, and unlike the rest didn't feel the need to show how special he is because of it until you guys started tearing him a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're just posting in here to make yourself feel better than all the people you accuse of making themselves feel better. You're the Holden Caulfield of this thread, ranting about how everyone's a phony.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so we can't post if we don't care? Says who? Why? Just so the people who don't really "care" but posted to say that they do care feel better?

[/ QUOTE ]No one cares that you don't care and also does not care that you think we think we care but actually do not and are sending messages to feel better about ourselves. I feel bad that a player got seriously injured in a game that I love to watch. Am I not sleeping at night? No. Does it affect me in any way? No. Would I feel slightly better or thankful if people sent me a message in same situation? Yes. Am I going to now send message to everyone who gets injured badly? No. The end.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM

Clark, I'm trying to figure out where your logic breaks down if you apply it to say - a woman getting mugged on a crowded street.

Lots of other worse things happening in the world? - check

Many others around who also know about it? - check

Random element that caused you to know about it? - check

The only argument I can think of is that stopping a mugging is a lot better than just making someone feel better with a nice email. But philosophically I don't think the level of niceness/impact of the deed should come into play. I guess another argument could be that 1000s are already emailing this guy. But if everyone took your attitude, that wouldn't be the case.

Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one cares that you don't care

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently incorrect, no?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But philosophically I don't think the level of niceness/impact of the deed should come into play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? The situation you present here about the woman being mugged is wildly different than the Everett situation.

-McGee
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to use a funeral analogy, it's more like somebody famous dies and the funeral is right in your back yard. You choose not to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Refusing not to go would be like refusing to click on the thread(edited to add: Or if you didn't know who he was and what it was about then clicking the back button once you realized what it was about). Clicking on the thread and saying that you're not going to be participating(Clark) or mocking those that do(Dids) would be like going and being disrespectful.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 PM

And then you decide to step outside and have a smoke, and there are idiots everywhere!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that you "can't" post, it's just that most posters don't understand why you would want to. Or, put another way, how is this topic any different than any of the many others that you read, don't care about, and then move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not apply to Vyse. He posts something stupid in pretty much every thread he reads.