Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Am I misplaying suited connectors???

I'm concerned that suited connectors are hurting my winrate. I'm doing pretty well, generally averaging between 3-6 BB/100 month by month in 1/2 - 3/6 NL Holdem. After going through my database it seems like generally my biggest losing hands (BB/100 wise) are always suited connectors. I lose big with hands like 89s, JTs, 56s, etc when I feel like they should be winning hands in NLH. I have a typical tight/agressive profile 19/10/24, so I don't think I'm playing these hands more than most people would, but clearly I'm doing something wrong. If anyone who has better success than I with these kinds of hands has some advice I'd be very greatful.

RiverDancer
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Am I misplaying suited connectors???

1) Is your sample good (i.e. more than 30k hands)?
2) How can we tell you if you're misplaying if you never told us how you play them?
3) I doubt your aggro stat is 24, fix that

I raise preflop from 4th position on in 9-max. I think limping behind two limpers is fine also. I don't typically raise with them out of the blinds. Other than that, play well postflop. Usually that means hammering people when you pick up a combo draw. Learn how to play one-pair with these hands too. That might be where you're leaking, hitting one pair and either overplaying or just giving up. Post a hand or two that you're uneasy about. That will help us help you.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Am I misplaying suited connectors???

Sorry, I left a stat out. I'm 19/10/2/24 (24 is my WtSD). The sample is over 350K hands over the last 10 months. I also tend to open raise MP and limp behind callers. Perhaps I'm calling too many raises with these hands. Typically, if I'm on the button and I see and standard raise and a caller I'm lured into calling with a hand like JTs. Is this not standard for most people? What if there is a raise and 2 callers? I generally feel like I have the equity to call in these spots, but my results indicate I may be mistaken.

Thanks for the help, I'l def. post some hands when they come up.

RiverDancer