Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: AK 1000NL

capodu,

we'll have to agree to disagree on the flop bet for now. i think betting pot or close to it all the time is a leak, especially in three bet pots.

i really dont think he is going to view my flop bet as weak.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a flop check is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i never really check here with anything, so i didn't see any reason to start. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DLM,

I would appreciate it if you could elaborate on the problem with the size of my flop bet.

thanks,

kermit

p.s. I realize its simple stuff, but it never hurts to go over. (especially when you have no idea what your doing *me*).
Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM

I don't play anywhere near 1kNL but it seems to me that our flop bet does feel sorta weak. We figure if he's playing at that level he's well aware of what a squeeze is. He may see this flop bet as weak lead after you squeezed with a marginal holding. He feels like by minraising you it puts the fear of more and larger bets on the turn and river. I don't think he is trying to fold out AK, but maybe 66/77, 99-JJ? I think if we bet more on the flop, staying strong we really eliminate the chances that he'll view it as a spot where he can play us off a hand. We bet 310 to limit villian's range. If he raises a 310 bet we can fold figuring he's not bluff happy and has to figure we are strong.

He could also see a bigger bet as an opportunity to play us off a hand like AK since it seems sorta scared. I dunno, I generally bet on the larger end of the spectrum all the time. I feel that if I lead for <2/3 pot I would appear scared and open myself up to a bluff.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:09 PM

I love DLMs 5 word answers. There really helpfull. Im not advocating a flop check to induce a bluff im advocating a flop check to get value out of hands like 1010-QQ mayb some other weaker hands that would get there on the turn. Youre either way ahead or way behind here, either he has a set and is killing you or he's drawing to 2-5 outs. So getting to a cheap turn cant really do too much harm.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM

If i need to elaborate on why a flop check is the dummest thing we could do, then thats too bad for you. as far as the bet size, id say that theres no reason to give anything but 2-1 to our villian on such a big pot, it also leaves less behind for him to get from us, the pot is goin to be huge on the turn no matter what happens, so why not leave less behind, and get good value from his draw if he has one.

It also disuades bluff raises. If im raised by this villian this deep after reraising preflop and leading the pot on the flop, im much more convinced that he has a good hand when raised.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:16 PM

LOL DLM you talk with such authority and if I hadn't seen you play I mite even value your opinion. Funny how a guy who is not a consistant winner and has done nothing noteworthy in poker can give such absolute answers and call other peoples opinion worthless.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM

I imagine villain opened for $40 and you raised $110 to $150 PF. I think this will chase most people off 67sooted PF (although it's not out of the question). It's possible he could be calling here with 55 or 88 since stacks are deep and hitting a set could be profitable. If he had the same hand as you I would personally check/call down to the river in his spot, as raising the flop has little value (if you have AA he's broke, if you have anything worse he doesn't want to scare you off). Minraising a flush in this spot seems like a bad idea because the K on board lowers his fold equity and it becomes likely he will be facing a big reraise, making him have to stack off as a 2:1 dog.

Not sure where that leaves us, probably with a set, the same hand as you, or an unlikely bluff. I think a fold is prudent, although I'm very bad at making it. I think it's likely you are way behind or tied.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL DLM you talk with such authority and if I hadn't seen you play I mite even value your opinion. Funny how a guy who is not a consistant winner and has done nothing noteworthy in poker can give such absolute answers and call other peoples opinion worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

well im sorry if i came off that way, i have been playing nl for 6 months now so i cant really say what my true winrate is. Yeah, im also glad that you arent impressed with my play, cause you are terrible and your idea of good play is what i want to avoid. Um im also no authority, but i can assure you that im much much much much better than you.

None of that really matter since this thread is here to discuss a hand history, and not how much you blow at poker. We can of course settle with with some sort of Hu grudge match. I dont care either way, since im already 100% sure that you are beneath me.

anyways do you have any comments about the hand history that arent idiotic?? Id love to hear them.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 PM

I think that betting any more than this on the flop is a leak. You shouldn't be potting 3bet hands on every flop in my opinion. Also, if I am raising this bet I'm also raising if you pot it so I don't see how that comes into play. I'll elaborate more later. Have a final in 3 hours and should be on here anyways.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:52 PM

DLM Youre basically a glorified troll, you give 2 word answers as if just those two words explain themselves. You add nothing of value to a discussion. As for you being better then me I play bad, you play good. I move up, you move down. Makes sense.