Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Default The paranoia on this board is comical

Seems the mere mention of certain funding practices being employed by some poker sites gets your post deleted/removed from the forums.

I get that some people count on online poker as a means for a part, or in some cases, all of their income. I also get that 2+2 gets alot of traffic and readers to the forums. I also get that people get nervous when they feel that sensitive information might be put out there that they may not want certain people to see.

What I don't get is how self-righteous the moderators of this board can be at times concerning things like this. The last I heard this was a public forum where people can express their thoughts and opinions. I didn't realize that we could express our thoughts and opinions as long as they don't express something that could be read by somebody who might work for some bank who might inform their employer that they might be dealing with a gambling site when they see a certain charge come across from their customers.

It isn't as if a post like this contains Imus-like language or racial hatred. It's a post about an experience that I had and a truthful representation about what the poker site that I deposited at is most likely engaging in when you make a deposit. Sorry, but deleting that post was just ridiculous and paranoid in my eyes. If you think that the forums of 2+2 have that kind of impact on society that someone might read that post and it will put an end to whatever options might currently be available to poker players out there for funding their accounts then maybe 2+2 should set itself up as a lobbying group and back a candidate for the next presidential election.

This post will probably get deleted/removed as well since I'm voicing a negative opinion on the moderating practices of this forum. However, I decided to write what was on my mind. In this country I'm alledgedly allowed to do that.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: The paranoia on this board is comical

I just got 2 of my posts deleted for no reason, and without notification.

I presume you are not allowed to start 3 new threads (even though they are about all different things) within a certain timeframe.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 PM

try here
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think that the forums of 2+2 have that kind of impact on society that someone might read that post and it will put an end to whatever options might currently be available to poker players out there for funding their accounts ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course that's a concern. Google is a powerful thing. Not sure why your post was deleted, but don't you think it's better to tell your story without the specifics of bank names etc.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 PM

Care to paraphrase whatever it is that you are referring to in the ATF board? I noticed that mine wasn't the only thread deleted/removed that had a reference to the funding practices of certain poker sites. I recall at minimum one other thread that referred to it that is no longer on the Zoo forum.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course that's a concern. Google is a powerful thing. Not sure why your post was deleted, but don't you think it's better to tell your story with the specifics of bank names etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that you meant to say "... tell your story WITHOUT the specifics of bank names etc.".

In my post I did not mention any bank names at all for that specific purpose of keeping some semblance of anonimity.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:11 PM

Repeating what I've posted elsewhere, a site's Chief Executive has told me that he doesn't think people realise how sensitive all of this funding information is. Sure, if the Feds wanted it they could get it, but the reality is they tend to be lazy and just wait for what comes to them.

It's so hard to get processors these days, and if they knew their details were being posted all over the web they might be less inclined to do business with the sites.

If I edited or deleted one of your posts, it was with the interests of the many in mind, on this basis.

If you think this is paranoia, then so be it.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:16 PM

I do, and so be it.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, and so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're a fool.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM

Paranoid?