Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Rakeback at Low Limits

I read an article a few months ago that said if you are playing in fixed low limit games to forget about rakeback and sign up for different promotions. Is this good advice and if so, what limit does rake back become more profitable at? I'm currently playing $1/$2 limit (six handed if that matters) and I'm jumping around different poker rooms collecting bonuses, but I'm starting to realize that maybe I should sign up for rakeback somewhere before I've already had an account on each of them...any thoughts?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Rakeback at Low Limits

[ QUOTE ]
I read an article a few months ago that said if you are playing in fixed low limit games to forget about rakeback and sign up for different promotions. Is this good advice and if so, what limit does rake back become more profitable at? I'm currently playing $1/$2 limit (six handed if that matters) and I'm jumping around different poker rooms collecting bonuses, but I'm starting to realize that maybe I should sign up for rakeback somewhere before I've already had an account on each of them...any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the money you make at bonus v RB is irrelevant in some regards. All you need to worry about is not closing future options.

For example, take every bonus you can get at Microgaming (Prima) sites...there are tons of them, so you'll always have some left for RB, and they don't offer much in the way of reloads.

You want to think carefully before shutting yourself off from RB at sites without skins (FT, UB for example) and/or sites that offer lots of reloads (Crypto, Absolute, etc.).
Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 PM

I think I already messed this up then cause I'm in the US so that limits me significantly and I've already closed off FT, UB, Absolute (and it's vegas 247 skin) doing promotions at PSO which are cool, but looking back rakeback might have been a better investment over the long haul...oops. thanks for the response though and if anyone knows if any of these would still be open to me for RB feel free to let me know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
hopefully our stupid govt can get some legislation passed so I can open one on a different popular network :fingers crossed:
Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 PM

http://www.raketherake.com/PokerRedNines.html

just found this, maybe I'm not screwed after all. So that site will allow me to play with the players on any other prima site right? also that looks like 45% rakeback minimum to me or am I reading that wrong? Isn't 30% kind of the normal? Thanks in advance
Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 AM

I don't stay right on top of the US sites, but I can think of a few ideas:

Cake (and its skins)

Microgaming (Prima) - You mentioned this; there are still a few skins that allow US (as long as you're not in one of the 11 or 13 or whatever number of states they don't allow). Yes, you play with all of the players on the network. I think you see higher percentages on that network because it is contributed rake.

Absolute & UB - Don't be too sure...I'd contact RTR, they might still be able to help you.

FT - Yeah, you're screwed there. Might be a good site for a family member to play on, though.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM

thanks again for the help!