Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 02:09 AM

Default 100nl: Is this a good spot for a delayed c-bet?

No read on either villian. I just got to table.

Question is whether to bet this flop 3 handed. Chances are one villian has an A or a decent draw, so is there any point in c-betting this flop?

It's not often I don't c-bet after hitting the flop after raising PF, but I took the view that by giving one of the villians a chance to show strength if they have the A I could play perfectly. Granted one could bet the flush/straight draw, but I was willing to take that risk - even if they have that I'm barely ahead anyways. The plan was to make a delayed c-bet on the turn is noone showed any strength before then.

Having said all that - is my turn bet ok? I figure I have the best hand here now so this is basically for value now. My plan was to check behind river if SB called, or to check to button on river and make a decision from there if button called. Is this reasonable.

Button's shove on the river is just ridiculous and out of nowhere, but with no history I can't call here.

I thought this hand was kind of interesting, so I'm keen to see what other people think about my play here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($66.20)
SB ($66.50)
BB ($120.45)
Hero ($99.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button calls $10, SB folds.

River: ($33) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $52.2 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $85.20
Old 01-02-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: 100nl: Is this a good spot for a delayed c-bet?

Either Betthe flop or check the flop and turn. That river is really close , thik about it some more. Why DID he shove the river?WHY WHY WHY... dont say no reads
Old 01-02-2007, 02:35 AM

The way it is played, if I'm villian I know that Hero doesnt have an Ace, therefore if he thinks I will fold to a push it could be a decent bluff (although pot bet on river would have the same effect and have better FE as I'm more likely to put him on a hand, but whatever...).

Don't get me wrong, I WANTED to call, as I thought there was a good chance I was ahead, but with no history to depend on, I have no idea about his tendencies - e.g. for all i know he has AA here everytime (obv not but an example of how unknown he is). That combines with the overbet and the fact he may have jagged a random 2 pair out of nowhere made this a fold for me.

If I had 20-30 hands on him this is alot closer. But I understand what you are saying. Would be interesting to see some others thoughts about this river decision, as I kind of overlooked it and dismissed it as a clear fold, when maybe it's closer than that?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 AM

Anyone else?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:57 PM

cBet flop, with only one high card and your pf raise I can see the villains folding alot here, If someone has a decent ace they will probably raise you here b/c of the flush draw and you can easily release your hand.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:01 PM

1. Preflop: Just don't. Fold this please.
2. Flop: This is pretty scary, there're lots of likely straight and flush possibilities. Time to charge them.
3. Turn as played: Why? Is this a bluff? Are you looking for value from something that you weren't on the flop?
4. River as played: I don't really get what his line is, but I fall back on the dictum "Just assume he got there", until I see him called on one of those and he hasn't.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 4 handed... hes opening in the CO, pretty standard stuff.

Bet the flop, as played river is a fold.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 4 handed... hes opening in the CO, pretty standard stuff.

Bet the flop, as played river is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling it the cutoff instead of under the gun doesn't make it better... If this was the cutoff of a six handed game, I'd be fine with a raise, though I think it's pretty marginal..