Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: what happened to irishcurve?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny story is hes telling me at TS what a crazy ass he is at the blackjack tables and how he will bet the maximum always at every table. Im like alright man so will I, I get my last 4k at turning stone and we head to the 100 min 1000 max games. I throw my 1k out there, and he only throws out 100 and says he needs to take it slow at the beginning after buying in for like 20k. He never bets over 200 the entire time we were there, while I was maxbetting maybe 100 straight hands. He loses like 500 and I maybe make like 8k and says that losing 500 is enough for him, and I didnt really want to talk to him after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute story but how do u take 4k to a 1000 max bet game and play 100 hands while making 8k... if this is true teach me plz

[/ QUOTE ]

For people who know me this is a very common degen behavior for me.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys give money to a guy you don`t really know and nobody saying he`s trustworthy?

[/ QUOTE ]

because alot of people here have good poker skills but bad life skills
Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys give money to a guy you don`t really know and nobody saying he`s trustworthy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that and when you see a guy playing 10/20+ online every day, you assume he's good for it
Old 11-11-2007, 05:18 AM

my name's marc... i mostly went there for blackjack I am not all that good at poker.. but i'd usually come with 2-3 kids we were all from the university of rochester. I was only there for 2.5 years before moving to florida but yea i usually was there thursday-sunday night during those 2.5 years. I played in the 300min game when i was membered to get myname on the list before all the regulars. Around the time i was playing the game consisted my mike, joe, hassan, freddie, and tall old guy who stacked his chips like 25 high , sometimes tom (irishcurve), and than mostly randoms.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my name's marc... i mostly went there for blackjack I am not all that good at poker.. but i'd usually come with 2-3 kids we were all from the university of rochester. I was only there for 2.5 years before moving to florida but yea i usually was there thursday-sunday night during those 2.5 years. I played in the 300min game when i was membered to get myname on the list before all the regulars. Around the time i was playing the game consisted my mike, joe, hassan, freddie, and tall old guy who stacked his chips like 25 high , sometimes tom (irishcurve), and than mostly randoms.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm sure we've played or i've at least seen you there. i wasn't playing the 300 min "big game" a few years ago but i would go over and see who was in it in case i wanted to take a shot from my 5-5 game
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that and when you see a guy playing 10/20+ online every day, you assume he's good for it

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why people assume that, both online and live I've sat with people who are clearly on their case money despite them logging sufficient hours... Some people play way underrolled, some people get staked, some people etc etc
Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM

+ some people come off as [censored] immediately and whether they played high stakes or not you know not to spot them money. TBH I cant think of many 2+2ers iv met that fit that category..but alot of the live kids who wear too much bling would qualify