Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Professional Poker player looking for Assistant

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, the pay you are offering is ridiculous.. I am considering getting a personal assistant and I am expecting to pay $1k a week to get a competent full time one.

I guess it's possible they you will find some college girl that will work out short term, but more likely than not you are going to get scammed in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you talked to any college age kids lately? I know many people who would bring/cook me all the meals I need every week if I just payed for all their meals. Throw in some basic tasks and add an extra 500 bucks a week, that would be a lot better than almost all of the jobs that people in college have.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 AM

Default \"make a damn pole already \"

Sure, why not add some pictures ...... a rhetorical question.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 AM

"I would obviously pay more than you for this kind of help"

Sorry, but I have to ask .... how much WOULD you pay, I mean living in La Jolla and whatever that implies ?

(I did not think that the OP could be so easily out-done, but you certainly have at least as much entertainment potential.)
Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 AM

i do agree that the pay should be more... personally i would try getting a girlfriend that worships you instead, it would save you some $
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 AM

Greatest thread ever.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 AM

I would post pictures of the girls but most of them have myspace pages that are blocked so they have to confirm my friendship request first
Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i do agree that the pay should be more... personally i would try getting a girlfriend that worships you instead, it would cost you more money

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 AM

You should just pay something like a $35k per year salary under the table plus 2 weeks vacation on top of your traveling weeks.

If you want to go cheaper you could always try to smuggle some hot Mexican across the border and pay her $20 per week plus room and board.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 AM

There is very clearly is a supply of people who want this kind of work for this kind of pay. In fact it appears like a dream job for certain individuals, like these college students who love to cook and need part time work. gl op. I would love to see updates.

I think people are going overboard with the "on call". It would seem, that the employee would have regular duties like breakfast, and then other do this sometime this week duties - like go buy me this sometime by friday. etc. I don't think op expects the employee to be on call to do random tasks in the middle of the night without proper notice.

You should take the line about being not ugly out of the ad and just request pictures and then screen the ones you cant bare to look out on your own and you'd come off as less creepy imo.

Although you won't get a hot girl, op should consider getting a fanboy poker student to do random errands in exchange for lessons or being able to sweat. Heck I make a decent living, but I'd highly consider being an assistant for some of the nosebleed coaches if I could sweat their play when my chores were done lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 AM

which would u take if these 2 types applied?

a)mediocre chick that can do the tasks competently
b) super fine chick that basically cant do any of the tasks but stops by your crib anytime you want and costs 3x more.

id lean towards b personally, i mean how hard is it to cook eggs, or order tacos yourself.