Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 PM

Default 10/20 spot... kinda deep

OK, so villian is not good. I haven't played much with him, but get this impression of his lack of ability. Only other hand with him where he check min raised is this:

I open 70 KQhh on the B three handed. He calls in BB. FLOP comes AK4 (one heart). It goes check, check. Turn Jh. He checks I bet 120, he makes it 240 i call.
River is 7h. He bets like 340 I shove basically and he calls with QTo. So that's all the info I have, here is the hand.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $2,667.90
BB: $2,926.00
Hero (BTN): $4,093.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $70.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $50.00

Flop: ($150) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $120.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $240.00</font>, Hero calls $120.00

Turn: ($630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $540.00</font>, [i]Hero ????[i]

On this hand he bet big despite the flush showing up, and on the last hand he bet smaller when the flush showed up. he is bad though, so I don't know what to do. Oh and I thought about folding the flop, but that just seemed too weak.What you guys think?

SGS
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: 10/20 spot... kinda deep

if you're calling the flop you're at least calling the turn....i call planning to bluff big on a diamond river or call a reasonable bet on a brick river
Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 AM

Wait I don't understand. He's minraised you before with a monster, and while it's pretty obvious he's not great don't you think when he CMR's this flop he has you at best drawing to 3 outs?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:16 AM

hero could bluff or fill up...
but id prolly fold flop (against this villain)

if i called and hit my miracle card i would call or raise depending on how i percieved his range (most importantly how aggro he is)

i bet this guy is kinda passive so i think you can prolly fold the turn here...which is why i fold flop