Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Strange reactions to popular foods

[ QUOTE ]
I once ate an entire bag of taro chips, which doesn't really seem like a lot, but for some reason I started puking uncontrollably for the rest of the day. I won't touch root vegetables anymore.

Also, I hate paper bags. I know that's not a food, and probably indicative of deeper issues, but I can't [censored] touch them without getting queasy. As soon as my nails touch that sort of grainy, thick paper, it's all over. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this firepit on my balcolny, I cant stand taking the lid off becuase of teh way the metal feels, it really grosses me out.

I once dated a girl that couldnt touch popsicle sticks or the cotton from a pill bottle.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:00 AM

Duke talked me into eating Sushi for my first (and last) time in Vegas...I instantly gagged on both rolls I tried. Needless to say we went to In N Out right after for real food.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 AM

i just straight up don't like steak, hamburgers, sausage or hotdogs even though i eat other types of meat. judging by people's reactions when they find out i think that's wierd enough [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I once ate an entire bag of taro chips, which doesn't really seem like a lot, but for some reason I started puking uncontrollably for the rest of the day. I won't touch root vegetables anymore.

Also, I hate paper bags. I know that's not a food, and probably indicative of deeper issues, but I can't [censored] touch them without getting queasy. As soon as my nails touch that sort of grainy, thick paper, it's all over. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this firepit on my balcolny, I cant stand taking the lid off becuase of teh way the metal feels, it really grosses me out.

I once dated a girl that couldnt touch popsicle sticks or the cotton from a pill bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Popsicle sticks ruin me.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, the feeling of cotton balls or really soft toilet paper between my fingers also makes me queasy and I shiver uncontrollably for a few seconds.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, the feeling of cotton balls or really soft toilet paper between my fingers also makes me queasy and I shiver uncontrollably for a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really curious by this statement and the fact that guids says his ex gf was the same. How can this be? What's the reason behind this? This isn't really a matter of taste, this is just sorta weird IMO.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the cotton from a pill bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aagh — tough for me even to read this. Even when I use tweezers, I get this sick feeling down my spine while removing cotton.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aagh — tough for me even to read this. Even when I use tweezers, I get this sick feeling down my spine while removing cotton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my post above, how does this make sense?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refer to my post above, how does this make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]No clue dude. For me its the "dryness" that I feel when it rubs together with itself. God I know that sounds wierd.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've told this story before, but I really, really, really, really hate ketchup. I used to like it, like any normal kid, till I was in 1st grade and this kid I sat with at lunch would absolutely drench everything in ketchup. Fries, chicken nuggets, sandwiches/burgers, pizza, everything. Just absolutely drenched, so disgusting. Turned me off of it forever. I literally won't eat fries if they have even been on the same plate with ketchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fries and ketchup is a ridicilous combination anyway, crazy Americans (and Spaniards... among others, probably).

Asked for mayonaise in a NY McDonalds and actually got it. It was some of the most terrible mayonaise I ever ate but the "wtf is this guy serious?!" stare of the employee made it well worth making her get it for me.

And to stay on-topic -> besides (Brussels) sprout(s) I can't think of any regular food that makes me gag. Not too fond of mussels and sauerkraut though.