Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Biggest Golf Pet Peeve

I am a golfer who does not like to wear a glove.
I don't know what it is, I just hate using a golf glove.
I always hate when people try to "convince" me to use it. Its pretty bad when some one who shoots lower then me trys to get me to conform to there ways.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

seconded

- people who take 3 minutes to line up their putt for septuple bogey
- When I'm stuck behind a slow foursome and the group behind me hits into us
- When that group doesn't apologize
- When that group does it again, but gets upset when they see me jack their ball into the woods. You were warned.
- Bad players who complain about every shot. It's not because you picked your head up/had a weak grip/came too far inside/misread the putt....it's because you suck! Yo play 4 times a year, what do you expect? Shut up already!
- Anyone who tries to give me a tip/lesson mid round. If you're not a pro, and I didn't pay you, I don't want your stupid advice! You're most likely wrong anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

This post made me LoL
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM

1. Some of the courses I play with are pretty tight courses (holes right next to each other). You miss the fairway/overshoot it on a dog leg and they swap out your good ball for their crappy ball.

2. Its a crowded Saturday morning and you have people in front of you. You are in the process of hitting to the green while the group in front of you is hitting off their tees..As they finish hitting off the tee, the group behind you decides skips your hole and jumps in right in front of you further delaying you.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 PM

My biggest golf pet peeve is that this always happens to me, when I am below my handicap, never when I play badly:

Old 07-12-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uneven tee boxes. I go absolutely mental over these. I shouldn't have to spend 10 second finding a flat spot on the tee box. ROLL THE DAMN TEE BOXES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Course I played yesterday actually had the tee box placed on the very beginning of the slop to the tips. It was subtle enough that it wasn't COMPLETELY obvious, but obvious enough that it shouldn't have been done. We moved them.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM

woah, woah, woah...is golf not a verb? the dictionary has it as a verb, in Harvey Pennicks little red book the intro specifically saya something about how "neat" golf is becuase it is a verb, a noun, etc.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uneven tee boxes. I go absolutely mental over these. I shouldn't have to spend 10 second finding a flat spot on the tee box. ROLL THE DAMN TEE BOXES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Course I played yesterday actually had the tee box placed on the very beginning of the slop to the tips. It was subtle enough that it wasn't COMPLETELY obvious, but obvious enough that it shouldn't have been done. We moved them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the rest of the box was flat? What the hell?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Golfers don't use golf as a verb. I guarantee that usage of golf as a verb is inversely proportionate to ones handicap/skill.

On the tee box issue, I also hate when the rangers that move the tees (and have no idea what they're doing) put the back tees on the back edge of the teebox, 1 foot from the rough behind it. The teeing area extends two clublengths behind the marker, jackass. Are you telling me I should tee it up from the rough? Is that how you're making the tips harder? Jackass.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:24 PM

–verb (used without object)
3. to play golf.

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=golf

How about When those water coolers are not water coolers but "hot air bags." How hard is it to fill them with water when you charge so much to play?

Not replacing divots anywhere. Sure sometimes they are 30 yards away, but why did you go golfing today?

Those stupid limiters, when on carts they are set at like 12 mph. Why do you think it takes so long to get around the course? I'd rather sign a liability waiver or indemnification of some kind if I can go 30 and take my chances to get around in an hour less. I've played 18 in two hours no problem at the courses that are not too crowded and don't limit their cart speeds.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Golfers don't use golf as a verb.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems silly to me to accept the term "golfer" but reject the use of "golfing."

-McGee