Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 400NLHUCASH deep stacks flush on a paired board

[ QUOTE ]
One mistake I make when deciding whether a push is good in tight spots like this is that I fail to distinguish villain's light call on one board as compared to the board in question. I'm not sure what the metagame considerations are, but how many combinations of hands call you here that you have beat compared to the combinations of hands that call which you beat? Of course, how many hands fold (probably none given the action)? And how close were you to making a call here?

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to put him on a calling range here. TT,99,88,77, T9 (not likely), QJs beat me. Maybe he calls me with QJo, KJo, AJo, JTo?. He calls me with lower flushes like, KQs, KJs, K9s?, JTs?, QTs?, Q9s?. Plus chances that he reraised me with goofy hands which he is capable of doing. I marked with ? hands that are possible but not likely. This might really be just a call. When I think about it, I probably expanded his calling range too much in the heat of the action.

I was like 50 50 beetwen calling and moving all in, really didn't know what to do so I went with aggressive line. These situations make problems for me. I will probably post more hands like that in the future.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 PM

I like the river push.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM

The preflop is more marginal than the river IMO. I don't see a problem in either case given your read. His range that beats you here is extremely slim, and given your read it seems that he has quite a few hands that will look you up while behind.

If you lost to a boat I think it is pretty safe to write it off as variance.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 PM

i started to try to raise these types of hands too, because i miss too much value out of them. i like the play, but am sorry u lost.