Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM

Default 200PLO turned nut flush on paired board

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($64.25)
UTG ($44.40)
MP ($204.05)
Hero ($228.40)
Button ($231.65)
SB ($201)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $7.

Flop: ($21) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $19.95</font>, MP calls $19.95.

Turn: ($60.90) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: ($60.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $26</font>, Hero calls $26.

Final Pot: $112.90

I am a noob in omaha so bare with me, please.

Last few hands I have been running over villain a little bit so he is probably a little frustrated. My image is probably aggressive.

Generally, how do you deal with those situations? Ciaffone suggests making a probe bet, a little less than a pot, but I chose to check here and call his river bet (I would probably call even a potsized bet, is that correct?) because I didn't want to get raised out of my hand (he might do it with weaker flush because of my aggressive image, I guess).
Old 10-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 200PLO turned nut flush on paired board

i think you played this well and mp probably will bluff here alot or atleast show up with a lower flush, but if mp decided to bet pot the decision becomes harder, although i would lean to a fold
Old 10-24-2007, 05:13 PM

I think I'd value bet the turn. K5 and 85 are the only hands to be afraid of.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Scoot, is there any chance that villian would slowplay top set if he felt hero was trying to run him over? Could KKK call the flop because he assumes that hero doesnt have a flush draw, with the intent of check raising the turn.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoot, is there any chance that villian would slowplay top set if he felt hero was trying to run him over? Could KKK call the flop because he assumes that hero doesnt have a flush draw, with the intent of check raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he might do that. Not just to slowplay, but maybe to wait for the safe turn on this scary board before stacking off with a set. Is that possible? It was also one of the reasons I checked.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM

I seriously doubt he slowplays KKK here. Once he checks it, its would usually be to c/r. Why wait till a turn card that either fills a number or draws, or kills action from worse hands.

Given the fact that HERO in this case has been running the villian over, I think he'd reraise the flop. He finally has a hand he can play back at him with, so why get tricky in this spot. IF the board was K28r then I could see this play making sense with KKK, but not here.

Also, KKK would bet harder on the river w/ KKK imo.

EDITED the C/R part.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt he slowplays KKK here. Once he gets check/raised, he should want to get the money in right there with top set. Why wait till a turn card that either fills a number or draws, or kills action from worse hands.

Given the fact that HERO in this case has been running the villian over, I think he'd reraise the flop. He finally has a hand he can play back at him with, so why get tricky in this spot. IF the board was K28r then I could see this play making sense with KKK, but not here.

Also, KKK would bet harder on the river w/ KKK imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would definitely be -EV for him to slowplay a set here. But people make retarded plays all the time.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM

If you bet the turn and he check raises you, what will you do?

In general, checking the turn here to pick up a bet on the river is standard play. You catch a lot of hands that would simply have folded to a turn bet.

gl

bdd
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

I min-raise the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]