Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Taking Shots at Higher Limits

I would try to play your roll up to at least 300x for the next level, dropping back down if you take a bit of a hit when you move up, until you get it back to at least 300x again.

If you try to move up too fast, you may play fine, but variance might hit you harder than you would like it to.

If you really dont want to go bust, then losing $ is going to hurt you more than winning $ will help you. Thats because losing $ would make it more difficult for you to continue to play at the level that you are comfortably bankrolled for. So, I would try to be patient before moving up limits, if you would rather not reload if possible.

In the meantime, the 15BB challenge, which Marchron mentioned sounds like a fun gamble. You play with say 15BB (or a variation of this) at your current level and then move up to the next level as soon as you have doubled your stake. Then keep moving up each time you double the stake etc.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Real simple rule of thumb for moving up:

"do I feel comfortable playing at these stakes?"

yes? then by all means, move up.

no? I'll stay at my current level.

problem solved
Old 09-05-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Real simple rule of thumb for moving up:

"do I feel comfortable playing at these stakes?"

yes? then by all means, move up.

no? I'll stay at my current level.

problem solved

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a feeling u didnt read the rest of the thread because this doesnt really pertain to the subject....i ave beat all levels up to 5/10 but amd only rolled now for .5/1...so i feel confortable at all levels but dont have a roll to play them
Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Not that I doubt what you are saying but what amazes me is that there are people who are obv. experienced in poker, like you say you are, beating all the levels, so you should already know all this stuff you are asking. How did you get where you are in poker w/o coming accross basic poker knowleadge, so easily available not just at 2+2 but all over the internet? Did you learn in a vaccuum?

;-)
as for my excuse, I've had 2 worst days in poker so far, down like 130BB so far, trying to ride it out...;-(
Old 09-05-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i have a feeling u didnt read the rest of the thread because this doesnt really pertain to the subject....i ave beat all levels up to 5/10 but amd only rolled now for .5/1...so i feel confortable at all levels but dont have a roll to play them

[/ QUOTE ]

sick read. wrong, however. You had a concern about variance, then Aaron corrected you on the whole "moving down after dropping below 300BB" thing.

If you were so comfortable playing 1/2 with a 150BB roll, you'd be doing it and not asking questions on the forum. My post stands. If you're comfortable playing at a certain level with a certain bankroll, then do it. If you're not, then don't. The minute you don't feel comfortable playing at a certain set of stakes, move down to a level where you'll be comfortable. In short, your mileage may vary.