Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Any more info on Jean-Robert Ballande being on the next Survivor

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he won.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am hearing as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they decide 1st and 2nd at the live finale? Haven't watched in over 3 years, but they used to do a cut from Jeff taking the ballot box from the final tribal meeting, to it being delivered the live show for the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're exactly right. I can't believe I didn't catch that earlier.

Now sometimes, the person is pretty sure that they are going to win, mostly because they are up against someone that the jurors don't respect and you can tell by the questions that they get from the jury.

It's not confirmed though until the live vote is revealed on Finale night, which will be in December.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 PM

The last season's finale was awesome. That Dreamz guy totally ripped Yao Man off of 1 million bucks. Did he really think the jury would give him votes?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's running his mouth when he shouldn't be, I'm not wild about deleting threads to protect him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e he was unable to come up with the $1000 deletion fee a la SwedenofTerror/pr1nny/Wasted Potential
Old 07-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Last season they went to a 3 person final so if they stick to this then future winners may not be quite as clear. Regardless, no one except the topp brass at the show knows who the winner is until Probst reveals it on the live event.

As for JB being back now the Survivor taping is only 40 days long.

And there have been plenty of spoilers for past seasons including one or two where everyone in the final 10 or so was correctly picked and every vote off was as well. There are lots of ways to get this information.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:20 PM

That's a good point.

If Jean-Robert or one of his friends would like the thread deleted, plz contact for pay pal info.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM

around june 17th or so i heard him talking to 2 guys at the bellagio about going somewhere and doing something. it sounded important and i was trying to figure out where it was he was going to go. this should be great viewing.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

I was playing in a 1-2 mix with JRB during the beginning of wsop and I was only person at table that didnt want to play 150-3 so he staked me 1/3. When i paid him my winnings for the session i asked him about survivor and he said he "couldnt talk about it, but wouldnt be around for ahwile" ....
Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Here's what basically happens.

Combining a couple things that have been mentioned:

- Every season after a person is voted off the show, they get sequestered into a hotel/spa, or get sent on a private trip, pretty much anything that keeps them active until the show is done taping and everyone returns to the US at the same time.

- Yes, usually info leaks out from the locals blabbing.

Now to add to this, the people they usually blab to are the total hardcores that seek out the site of production, and from there some people actually do fly/travel to the region in question and try to dig up as much dirt as possible and spoiler the hell out of the show.

The #1 place to find the Survivor hardcores/crazies is SurvivorSucks.com

If you want all the info and spoilers and spec and everything in-between for this upcoming season, you might as well bookmark it now and hope you don't feel the need to blow you brains out after skimming there.

They have been able to dig up enough dirt in the past to have been able to piece together and completely spoil a season or two down to the Final 4 or better, with a very clear boot order and the whole ball of wax.

Now a note on this upcoming season - it has been pieced together that for better or for worst, it seems to be a season where some C-List types that would be reasonably known within certain genres were cast to be on the show.

Along with JRB, it leaked out in wrestling circles that the WWE was asked to by Burnett's production company if they wanted to send someone, and they did, by shipping Ashley Massaro (one of their random women, did Playboy... earlier this year) off to be on Survivor as well.

Who else is on this season should be coming out in about 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: JRB won't get in trouble at this point and into the future unless he very clearly tells someone where he finished, etc., and it made it out to the public that the info came directly from him.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:01 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Survivor China cast spoilers
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM

I don't wanna know. Survivor is my one and only pop culture vice and has been since Richard Hatch won in season one. I enjoy it every season, and it would totally suck to know the outcome.

I hope he's on and hope he does even better than Gary Hogeboom did.