Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 PM

Default QQ vs dude who is \"out to get me\"

Hey everyone im new to nl and well i guess you could say that im new to poker in general... Ive been playing limit the past few months but have been running bad latly so i decided to try out some nl for a change. Idk if its luck (most likely) but ive been running fairly well. Please read with this in mind...

Villain is a pretty good player (from what i can tell). when i first sat he had ~10 and has been slowly grinding up. I took a few decent sized stacks from him and he was getting upset. He kept telling me "your such a sissy" for not calling one of his all ins and "im going to take your stack" and other things.

here we go...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($34.43)</font>
Button ($9.26)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($16.44)</font>
BB ($6.07)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls $1.

Flop: ($3.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $2.90.

Turn: ($11.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.7</font>, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($12.45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Final Pot: $12.95
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $12.95, between Hero and SB.</font>
Old 01-18-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: QQ vs dude who is \"out to get me\"

Why did you just call the turn and river?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 PM

I was worried about KK and AA. I had never seen him show so much aggression as he was this hand both before and after the flop. is that wrong. i think i got a case of MUBS b/c in the back of my mines i wanted to push so bad. and then with his obv weakness on the river... meh, i wanted to but couldnt.. should i have pushed??
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Shove turn..Says take that sissy..

From villains betting pattern in this one hand I would say he is far from a "pretty good player" more like a total fish that will give his stack away..He look to bluff far too often..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 PM

his turn and river bets are pussy, i re-raise or push turn often enough.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was worried about KK and AA. I had never seen him show so much aggression as he was this hand both before and after the flop. is that wrong. should i have pushs... i think i got a case of mubs b/c in the back of my mines i wanted to push so bad. and then with his obv weakness on the river... meh i wanted to but couldnt.. should i have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is not showing aggression????? He only nearly minraises you PF and calls your aggression,bets weakly on flop,turn and river..So I guess he's a aggressive calling station..

Weak bets are not aggressive..But they often will give villains hand away..They will make the weak bets with the smae type of hands over and over again..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was worried about KK and AA. I had never seen him show so much aggression as he was this hand both before and after the flop. is that wrong. should i have pushs... i think i got a case of mubs b/c in the back of my mines i wanted to push so bad. and then with his obv weakness on the river... meh i wanted to but couldnt.. should i have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is not showing aggression????? He only nearly minraises you PF and calls your aggression,bets weakly on flop,turn and river..So I guess he's a aggressive calling station..

Weak bets are not aggressive..But they often will give villains hand away..They will make the weak bets with the smae type of hands over and over again..

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ aggressive calling station. Ok so i should have pushed i guess. See thats why i posted it.. i didnt know that. thanks guys..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Hey anyone want to come play with me on stars? i have like 4 buy ins at my table right now and id be more than willing to "pay tuition" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] my table is Taygeta IV on stars .2/.5 ($10 max buy in).. Give me the old "holla" if you decide to sit.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 PM

You're over 300BB deep here so I'd have to be pretty sure his small turn bet was not trying to induce you to raise to shove the turn because 3 buyins is a lot for one pair.

It looks like he has some kind of overpair and is not sure if its good or overcards and he desperately wants you to fold, but in a big pot like this some villains would probably play kk or aa like this too, but they wouldn't fold to a raise.

I think your line is ok, shoving is ok too, but high variance.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 PM

well with the turn bet thats what i thought too and then when he bet so little on the river i was thinking JJ (maybe QQ?). But then i guess i may have been thinking on a level or two above what i should have been b/c i have been very very aggressive relentlessly since i sat (like 2:30 hours ago)