Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 05:04 AM

Default PF Question

Your in the BB with QJs or a similar easily dominated suited hand. Unknown UTG raises, everyone folds to you. SSHE PF recommendations say call here. Does anyone else call here? I mean, even if the flop comes Q23, I'm not feeling too good about my hand.

Does your pot-committedness outweigh the high likelihood that you're dominated here?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: PF Question

Sure, call. It's not even close. Why do you feel you're pot committed once you call his pfr?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:31 AM

i always call this. if the flop comes q23, how are you not feelign good about your hand? you're beating everything except aa, kk, and aq and kq. that's a lot less than half of my utg raising range, at least.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i always call this. if the flop comes q23, how are you not feelign good about your hand? you're beating everything except aa, kk, and aq and kq. that's a lot less than half of my utg raising range, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes perfect sense when you put it that way.

How do you play the rest of the hand if you get three-bet after check-raising the flop when you hit?
Old 04-21-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play the rest of the hand if you get three-bet after check-raising the flop when you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snikeris, if you're check/raised on the flop you're going to have between 3-5 outs if we discount to around 4 you're at least going to see the turn getting 9.5:1.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes perfect sense when you put it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the turn and river look safe, you can just check and call from there. If your hand improves, then you can adjust your aggression level.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't c/r the flop. That just makes you pay off better hands and will mostly stop AK your villain from betting down AK unimproved.
I'd just call down,although you can of course raise the turn against some more overly aggressive villains who are unabled to fold their trashed preflop monsters.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't c/r the flop. That just makes you pay off better hands and will mostly stop AK your villain from betting down AK unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is of course the correct play. I was too busy trying to answer the question rather than provide the right answer...
Old 04-22-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd just call down,although you can of course raise the turn against some more overly aggressive villains who are unabled to fold their trashed preflop monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having TP not-so-[censored] kicker, just calling down against an EP raiser is too weak, imho. You have to stick in a raise somewhere.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you raisng UTG then?
Given a standard range like TT+, AJ+,KQ you beat only very slightly more than half of this range on a Q23 flop and to you will probably win less against AK unimproved than you lose against AQ?
I definitely prefer calling and flopping TP with JT.