Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker\'s Official Response to \"superuser\" allegations

[ QUOTE ]
Someone has likely mentioned this but here's my theory. Absolute Poker had nothing to do with this thread. The former president guy who cheated did so just out of spite. He obviously didn't care that it looked obvious, he counted on it. I bet he knew there was little chance he'd actually see any of the money so he just dumped it off to random people at high stakes games. Then to make AP look even worse he made this post pretending to be from AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah...Nah...Nah...Nah...Nahhhhhh...from one goat to another.

gg
Old 10-21-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This thing reads like a Stephen King novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disgruntled employee decides to screw AP. He fixes an update so his accounts can see hole cards. He cheats in such a way that it is inevitable it will be noticed. When the expected "investigation" is concluded and AP thinks it has swept the problem under the rug, he makes his HHs publicly available. AP [censored] with the wrong dude. They should have known better-- his name is Louis Cyphre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I can't fool you. You see right through my well-laid plans.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM

I guess all this stuff is kind of scary but if you think about it there are far deeper scandals at the highest levels of business and government, so these last few issues (Stars/Void, FT/Bots and ABS/PotRipper) seem to pale in comparison for an industry that outsiders might have already deemed as dubious.

I think it brings to light how the sites should respond to situations like this in the future and follow the Stars business practice of leading the way in security.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:47 PM

This post is most likely from Absolute Poker. The email address is from Absolute and the ip traces to Costa Rica. They have been reading these forums and would have disputed this post if their management had not posted this thread.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Looking back on it, they almost certainly knew all along.

"We examined screen shots from Poker Tracker Software that displayed an “infinite” river aggression factor for one of the player accounts at issue. We examined similar screen shots which showed a lower but still relatively high river aggression factor. We were very concerned by this anomaly. Accordingly, we reviewed each and every hand that this player played during the relevant time period and determined that while the play was extremely aggressive, particularly on the river, there were several instances where the player merely called on the river."

like when he had an unimproved 23o....see we're not cheating, why would we just call the river with 23o unimproved if we were cheaters?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 PM

I hope absolute poker DIES. Anyone that plays there should have their head examined.

Think about how bad their "collusion detection" has to be if this went unoticed. Die AP