Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Poker table Building

Me and a few freinds are going to start building some poker tables for our games.

I know where to get all the info on how to....the question I have is if we plan to build 10 tables....should we try one first or start "assembly line" right off the bat.

Obviously if we f up we will f up all of em if we assembly line em right away. Building one start to finish will slow us down a bit.....any thoughts or recommendations?

We are all smart, but are weekend warrior type of do it yourselfers not tradesman type do it yourselfers.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Poker table Building

My fatherinlaw is in construction, and built his first table a few months back. Each table he has learned something new, decided to incorporate something new, and has other color combonations as interests. He now has 4 of them.

If you plan on creativity, do one at a time so you can learn the ropes and each table should get better. Differences with his were small. I.E.>colors, gaps between raceways, light rope on edge of rail, light rope under a lip of the rail built in, added a dealer tray to one, modified the base a couple times for stability as well as cost/per in mind.

Good luck, he is caught up in his, and its like an addiction for him now.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 AM

Yeah, I agree that building one at a time will allow you to make improvements/changes/whatever as you go.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

At least build two or three all the way through. Then, once you've got that minimal experience under your belt, try the assembly line approach.

Go easy on the oat sodas too, if you're trying to build ten pokah tables at one go.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Thanks, for the advice....I think we will try to get two under our belt before pushing them thru assembly line style.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 PM

You can make templates so that they are easier to build. Use the offcuts of the first one for the templates for the other tables. One tip if you are using folding legs, bolt them to the top instead of using screws as they are more secure. Also, check out some better folding legs than are available at Home Depot. Here are some links:

http://www.yourautotrim.com/potape.html
http://www.yourautotrim.com/capraucl.html
Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Definitely build a couple first before going assembly line style. Unless you have a lot of experience with building, I suspect you will find that you will do several things differently by the third table.

I build tables for a living. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely build a couple first before going assembly line style. Unless you have a lot of experience with building, I suspect you will find that you will do several things differently by the third table.

I build tables for a living. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks...