Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Fox News \"biased?\" what about ABC,CBS,NBC

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously some taxes will need to be collected. Progressive rates are bad....even if everyone had the same flat rate, that is progressive, because the more you earn, the more you pay....I propose a citizen "liscense fee" where every individual pays the same amount. If anyone progressives want to pay more they are free to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is a progressive tax system more "authoritarian" than a non-progressive system?

[ QUOTE ]
The key words in your reply are "lately" and "all" ...They havent tried lately because they couldn't benefit politically...if they could they would be pounding the drum. I never said all the guns, obviously Rosie ODonnell went to the million mom march against guns, but employed an armed guard for her own protection. (big fat hypocrite)

[/ QUOTE ]
Rosie makes me want to set my eyes on fire and bury them. But at least you admit that progressives aren't trying to take all your guns away.

[ QUOTE ]
The whole PC movement explains my point on speech. Gotta watch what you say and make sure it will not offend anyone. This is a hallmark acheivement of the progressive agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]
My motto is: "if you're not offended at least once a day, then you're not living in a sufficiently free society". I'm sure I stole it from somebody smarter than me, but I can't remember who. But that doesn't mean you should expect to be able to offend everyone around without sometimes having somebody taking offense and popping you in the kisser. I apologize to anybody who's offended by very outdated and cliched phrases for violence.

I see much more censorship nowadays coming from the religious right. Who's petitioning the FCC to get everything except Touched by an Angel off of TV because they're offended? Definitely not progressives. Here's at least two companies who break copyright law to remove "offensive" content without the author's permission. Definitely not progressives.
http://www.cleanflicks.com/
http://familysafemovies.com/

[ QUOTE ]
No the government does not define words..but when lawsuits are brought you get the govt involved. Gays have never been denied the right to marry...they can marry someone of the opposite sex, they choose not to. I wanted to marry Brook Burke, but she denied me the right...should I take her to court?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. That's ridiculous and responding could fill a thread by itself. But I'm pretty sure it's tired ground to tread now. But what I meant was that government shouldn't be this involved in a religous ceremony + contract.
Freedom of sexuality =/= authoritarianism.

[ QUOTE ]
At least we agree NAMBLA is a bunch of scumbags. I don't care what turns people on...do what you want, but as a parent of 2, NAMBLA members better not cross my path.
I've been to a few parties thrown by gay guys...most of em love me. I now know how hot women feel when guys undress them with their eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pedophilia =/= homosexuality.
Freedom of speech for groups that you don't agree with =/= authoritarianism.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "fact" you keep referring to is not a fact. It was debunked in the months following the election.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fraudulent "voter purge" that Harris and Bush committed in Florida is well-documented and is a matter of public record.

If the best you can do to defend it is to simply deny its existence, then as far as I'm concerned you have conceded the point.

q/q
Old 03-10-2007, 12:32 PM

as a completely 'politicial laymen' who generally sticks to local news channels unless some major world breaking news is going on, the difference to me is this...

when i am flipping channels and hit the news stations, 9 times out of 10 FOX news is giving me their opinion, while when I hit the other stations, 9 times out of 10, the other stations mentioned are reporting current events.

I personally do not like nor appreciate opinions on news stations or in news reports.

I turn to news stations for news and if I do not get it, I move on.

I am capible of forming my own opinions.
Closed Thread