meh

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah pretty much
Old 11-29-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Opp just c/r\'d A high board

i'd prefer to do this on a rainbow board
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 PM

So much for the whole "When a LAG finally gets his stack in, he usually has the goods" motto...

Just fold flop. He's a little nitty to be bluffing here a lot and he certainly isn't the type to fold an Ace if he took this line with it.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I've gotten a chance to try this several times against nits check raising me on stuff like A93 rainbow boards. They've folded to the 3-bet every time so far, so I'd guess this is very +EV (thanks whoever wrote the post that convinced nits to start check raising these boards with no balancing!). But the flush draw is enough of a reason for me to not do it here since he could be semi-bluffing a draw/combo draw.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I've gotten a chance to try this several times against nits check raising me on stuff like A93 rainbow boards. They've folded to the 3-bet every time so far, so I'd guess this is very +EV (thanks whoever wrote the post that convinced nits to start check raising these boards!). But the flush draw is enough of a reason for me to not do it here since he could be semi-bluffing a draw/combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that was me i think. i also said to 3bet bluff too so i am really creating a cycle of TAG on TAG violence, who knows where it will end

the point is if a TAG c/r on a Axxr board, they pretty much have a set or nothing, so you can 3bet them liberally.

i think nuts/air lines are so easily exploitable, thats why mergin' your range aejones style is important against thinking players
Old 11-29-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I've gotten a chance to try this several times against nits check raising me on stuff like A93 rainbow boards. They've folded to the 3-bet every time so far, so I'd guess this is very +EV (thanks whoever wrote the post that convinced nits to start check raising these boards!). But the flush draw is enough of a reason for me to not do it here since he could be semi-bluffing a draw/combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that was me i think. i also said to 3bet bluff too so i am really creating a cycle of TAG on TAG violence, who knows where it will end

the point is if a TAG c/r on a Axxr board, they pretty much have a set or nothing, so you can 3bet them liberally.

i think nuts/air lines are so easily exploitable, thats why mergin' your range aejones style is important against thinking players

[/ QUOTE ]

Against TAGs I mix it up sometimes and just call from the BB with AQ/AK vs. late opens. I do so with the intention of c/ring a lot of flops, especially A-high flops. Ironically, I get a lot of folds when I just have 2 overs and a lot of action when I have TPTK, lol. It's like a dream come true.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yo man, don't take credit where credit is due. That was my post which i stole from eldiable or whoever. and fwiw, you're all welcome.

to be honest, it's better ot check-raise on K high boards because nits have less kings in their range...and i'm totally serious.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against TAGs I mix it up sometimes and just call from the BB with AQ/AK vs. late opens. I do so with the intention of c/ring a lot of flops, especially A-high flops. Ironically, I get a lot of folds when I just have 2 overs and a lot of action when I have TPTK, lol. It's like a dream come true.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM

sorry paul. linky?

alot of theory posts have ideas stolen from others

and i also like sometimes calling with AK/AQ against a button open. whenever i say that i get people saying that i should always 3bet these hands, which seems ridiculous to me
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM

don't like it vs him. I'd be shocked if this specific guy had anything that wasn't a set.