Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 02:57 AM

Default HUSNG vs HU_cash? HOLYWAR

what do you prefer to play and why?
i find for myself i better play cash games.
what advantages and disadvangates may you get from both games?
i think in HU_cash there is a lot of psychlogy, and you may take full advantage of tilt. once i played vs guy, which rebuyed 6x times and finnaly he was so tilted to raise all in with K7 preflop. he left after that, though.

even personally i also feel this when i played. when i busted (even more, when i bad beated) i make a lot of rebuys - sometimes to 3-4. this is pretty sick, but i cant stop with that, thats main part how i busted my 1k roll (rebuyed 5 times, and yes, i dont have any BR managment)

thoughts?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: HUSNG vs HU_cash? HOLYWAR

I would prefer to play cash.

But, I'm not any good at it, and I'm not rolled for it (not even enough to take reasonable shots right now), so I stick to sngs, which I do enjoy, and that I'm at least profitable (mostly) at.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 AM

I play HUsngs. I have a pretty bad ego and when I play decent or even superior opponents I spend way more time than necessary with them. Eventhough I have my tilt problem better under control than in earlier days I still tilt hard sometimes and dont quit when I should.

When I play HUsngs and start tilting (which is _much_ rarer than in cash) I realize very soon. I then try to at least not give my opponents an edge (easy with high blinds) and take a break after the match. I have never started a match on tilt (husngs) but I have continued to play people in cashgames on tilt countless times.

That shows in the results, and thats what Im playing for. Ill be tackling my hucash problem some day later when I have a large enough roll.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 AM

I enjoy them both, but HUSNG has shown a much steadier profit for me. I run [censored] terrible lately in HUCASH.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy them both, but HUSNG has shown a much steadier profit for me. I run [censored] terrible lately in HUCASH.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I like both but cash swings are just insane and as a result I end up playing far too few hands.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 AM

I love HUCASH much more than SNG's. I just think I have more feel for a cash game. I suck at SNG's. I am trying to learn them though and with a few adjustments, it won't be so hard. Also, an edge you have over villain might be bigger in cash games, because you can rebuy. If you learn not to tilt, your edge is even bigger. It is also easier to multitable because you don't need to concentrate on stack sizes.

There is a saying that cash players who start SNG's can make adjustment to SNG's more easily than SNG players who start cash.

I also love variance that comes with cash games. It is bigger than in SNG's.