Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: The Timex Story(SUPER TLDR!!!!)

What is your favorite color? Why?

Never really had a favorite colour, dunno why. I like clubs, so I'll say green.

Is luck 1 thing?

Yes, ducy

Thayer claims he can beat me in a race. Can he?

Yes

Serious question - do you believe the time has passed for a new player to achieve the same success you have? Bearing in mind the strength overall of poker has gone up and the sites which may be considered weaker (Party, UBetc.) have less traffic?

I was thinking about this the other day, and I think it would certainly be a lot more difficult, I don't think the time has quite "passed", but I think there will be a lot less instant success stories.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM

That was a really good read Timex, It's remarkably similar to my own poker story when I'm imagining being successfull. You're really Fkin mature for 18 YO.

Since you're taking questions, don't you think it would be fun to find some small stakes grinder with marginal poker success and take him under your wing then coach him(me) in large field MTT's? (not for backing, just for poker chat with someone less advanced than you, but it could be educational for you as well, like a deeper look into the Avg poker players mind)
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM

I'm sending my kids to chess/soccer camp after reading this!

Cool story Timex!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called Steve whenever I went deep in one, and he more or less taught me how to raise lots, and fold whenever you got played back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you snap-call my 3-bet-shove on the bubble of Wednesday $320 with A7 when it was my first 3-bet of the tournament? How do you hit runner-runner straight after I flop trips? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I called Steve whenever I went deep in one, and he more or less taught me how to raise lots, and fold whenever you got played back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you snap-call my 3-bet-shove on the bubble of Wednesday $320 with A7 when it was my first 3-bet of the tournament? How do you hit runner-runner straight after I flop trips? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clicking followed by luck?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Timex,

Nice couple years.. hope you spend / invest the money wisely.

Just so happens I had a my own hot streak on Dise last year about same time as you.... maybe more July / August actually... So we were at 100re, 30re quite a bit. In a handful of conversations I remember hearing you say things like 'I am too old to be going out anymore' .. this in response to me saying I need to bust so i can go out'... also a bunch of other things... telling me to check out a pic on P5s or here....with a pic of what i am assuming was your father.... basically.. you more than convinced me you were mids 40's Dad age. Unless you were just bullshitting completely... I get the impression it was either your dad playing against me some of those times.. or just you covering for the underage bit.

Care to enlighten? not a big deal if you dont care to, but i seriously was amazed when you were actually 18.

ginzorella
Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about this the other day, and I think it would certainly be a lot more difficult, I don't think the time has quite "passed", but I think there will be a lot less instant success stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, good luck in future and with your staking!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called Steve whenever I went deep in one, and he more or less taught me how to raise lots, and fold whenever you got played back at. This worked so well it was unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

besides this, what other strategic advice that made a big difference in your game/ leak plugging did he give you ?

thanks in advance.....
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM

Why exactly aren't you planning to major/study in Finance and Economics?

You seem to have an understanding of the topics and after taking courses in both, you probably have a monster leg up in the competitive market because of an investment history + you can breathe.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:20 PM

good read, congrats on your success