Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

ZOMG, cooties! Buy some friggen Purell and you won't get into fights for shooting your mouth off.

You do put gloves on before you touch the door handle to exit the restroom, right? If you are so paranoid about germs, don't leave your house. Or put on your germ-free bubble to play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit a nerve did I?. Obviously you are one of the pigs I am talking about. Stop being so lazy and wash your hands son. You also eat at the table after touching your sweaty urine infested self?.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 12:25 PM

Three pet peeves:

1. When someone pushes all-in for like 6 stacks of red, and then the guy with $50 behind wanting to know, "how much is it?" before he can make a decision on whether to call.

2. Players who don't respect the one-player to a hand rule. I can't stand when players who aren't in the hand speculate on what others are holding, whether the pot odds are there to make a call, what cards might complete a draw, etc.

3. Daniel Negreanu imitators.. Unlike the real guy, who is a superstar at divining information by engaging an opponent in a little chat, I can't stand the low-stakes imitators who throw out about six different possible hand holdings by an opponent to see which of them elicit a facial tick upon which appropriate action can be taken.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 PM

"I want to see that hand".
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guy to my right kept pretending he had certain hands based on flops and exclaiming them proudly every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am that guy. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT deserves both a gold star for the best comment/strategy post (super strategy hidden as a throw away line catagory)of the month but also a demerit for exposing a tremendous psychological advantage you can gain when playing live.

(mildly condescending rant trimmed)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how much of a balla you or TT or anyone else is. If you talk about the board with action pending (including at showdown), you get a KITN by me. That is cheating, plain and simple. Sure, after the fact, say whatever the heck you want. Your little "listen, kiddies" post isn't anything new to most of us here. If you don't understand the very basic "one player to a hand" rule, you need some education yourself.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG, cooties! Buy some friggen Purell and you won't get into fights for shooting your mouth off.

You do put gloves on before you touch the door handle to exit the restroom, right? If you are so paranoid about germs, don't leave your house. Or put on your germ-free bubble to play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hit a nerve did I?. Obviously you are one of the pigs I am talking about. Stop being so lazy and wash your hands son. You also eat at the table after touching your sweaty urine infested self?.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he brings up some good points. It's ridiculous to target specific players, unless you think the chips are sanitized before being sold. I sure as heck hope you DO use a glove or towel when exiting a restroom and that you make sure your shoelaces are tied and not dangling before entering. I wash my hands BEFORE using the restroom, because I don't want anything I've been touching randomly throughout the day to end up on my junk.

My own sweat and urine, I don't care about so much. It's sterile to me. And trust me, urine should be the least of your concerns when it comes to handling chips, cards, money, or doorhandles.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 PM

I check raise bluffed a guy on the river, and after some deliberation he mucked. I muck my cards, and then the dealer takes a peek at 'em, says "nice hand" and winks at me, letting everyone know I bluffed. It bugs me when dealer throw their own commentary into a hand.
It did help me a bit though, because I had a tight image (lyke omg i don't limp every hand) so people started paying off my bets.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Body odor. Stinky Breath.

Also not a big fan of "what do you do for a living?"
Why do I always seem to get that asked of me more than any other player I ever see?

[ QUOTE ]
At a loose table being asked why i haven't played any hands yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrrgh. I had been fairly tight in a 1/2 NL game folding all sorts of 73o crap for however long.
I get AA in EP and am a bit weary of losing action but decide to open for a raise anyway.
Guy next to me says, "I would normally play this but you haven't played a hand in over an hour."

Ummm, that wasn't even true...and thanks for announcing it to the whole table before they were to act jackass.
Some of the players hadn't been there that long and others might not have noticed the guy who hadn't been playing very much.
Not sure I would have gotten much more action with my AA if he hadn't commented but I really don't need idiots evaluating my play and announcing it to the table at the beginning of the damn hand.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Things I find annoying:

Berating the dealer for bad cards or throwing cards at the dealer.
Asking for a set up.
Asking for an extra shuffle.
Coughing, sneezing or sniffiling at the table.
Asking me if I want action.
Slow play.
Slow roll. If you were last aggressive action on river, turn it over!
People out of a hand demanding to see the losers hand in a big pot.
Fat people crowding me at the table.
Donks trying to give me advice after the fact how the hand could have been better played.
People telling me after they fold what they would have made.
People saying to me, "I put you all in" ONLY I can put me all in A hole, not you!
People who bang their chip really hard in to the shufflemaster making a loud noise.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:35 PM

-Smoking railbirds who lean over the rail and blow smoke all over your table.

-Not showing when it's your turn to show, hoping the other guy will show first.

-Telling me your bad beat story, how you can't catch good cards, or about how you're unlucky.

-Abusing the dealer.

-Obnoxious players berating quiet players because "they don't have any fun."

-People who make fun of obvious newbs because they're wearing sunglasses.

-In a 3 handed pot when someone bets, the next player takes a long time to decide before folding, and then the last player takes forever to make a decision. The second guy doesn't bother me, but the last guy is really irritating. If he had to take a long time to think he could have done it while the second guy was in the tank.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:09 PM

I must be a winning player because I talk to much, and I thought I was just being friendly.