Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: harry potter: the order of the phoenix

The Harry Potter books are MUCH MUCH MUCH better written than the Dragonlance books.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM

i saw it last night, thought it was the weakest of the films. every time i see the new film it makes me want to read all the books from the beginning.. i get the same feeling every time a new book is coming out. maybe i should do that.. i just find it so hard to read ANYTHING honestly.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Saw it over the weekend. I enjoyed it- definitely better than the last one. Need more scenes with Tonks in tight clothing, however. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Loved the movie, loved the book. Big Harry Potter fan. Could have been more in the movie of course.

Is there any movie that is better than the book it was made from? And yet people love to tell other people that the book was better than the movie. remind me to add that to the "things that infuriate me" thread.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loved the movie, loved the book. Big Harry Potter fan. Could have been more in the movie of course.

Is there any movie that is better than the book it was made from? And yet people love to tell other people that the book was better than the movie. remind me to add that to the "things that infuriate me" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Godfather.

Book was actually very good though.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 PM

wow the same guy who made that post about his kid wanting to pray to the giant cube in the transformers forum made this one in harry potter.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0373889/boar...06060#79906060

i am only 14 so i might not be an expert in spelling and world news but my brother is in iraq and he got shot in the arm last month and they had to chop off four of his fingers. now he says that he cant be in the army no more and that people are going to think he is a freakozoid. all he wanted to do was go to iraq and skin a few darkies for uncle sam. now he is a crippled. also, that was his 'favorite' hand if you know what i mean. before he left we had a contest and i remember that was the hand he used.

i no its only a movie, but maybe if harry went to iraq my bro wouldnt be a feakozoid now.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
far less of the crappy quidditch games and school nonsense, especially the slitherin/griffin rivalry and feelings, although there was some, it was muted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. I thought the quidditch took-up too much of the previous movies, and the slitherin/griffin battles are easily cut by the 5th movie.

[ QUOTE ]
After watching the movie the first thing I thought is that magic fights are just as bad on screen as they were in the books. As much as I love the book series and the entire magical world, I really wish she had come up with a better way for wizards to fight each other.

[/ QUOTE ]
I left the theater thinking that the magic fight at the end was really great. I have to admit, though, I was biased by a couple things. 1) I watched Heroes this season, and just got used to the "dramatic show-downs" being anticlimactic and sucky. 2) I wasn't entirely sober by the end of the movie.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 AM

There's only one? Quidditch scene in book 6, I think, and none in the 7th. The only reason to ever show quidditch in the sixth movie is to hear Luna's commentary.

I would watch any sport if Luna Lovegood did commentary.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 AM

I am clearly a douchebag for posting this, but did anyone else ball their eyes out in the 6th book, cause I lost it
Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Book gets leaked: http://crunchgear.com/2007/07/17/new...o-bit-torrent/

Spoilers: http://www.zendurl.com/h/hallows/