Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

Of the analogies offered so far I like the Battleship one the best.
It is simple to follow and strongly parallel in the manner used to gain an advantage and inevitable outcomes.
I was trying to get a blind man playing darts to work. Battleship is better.

I've been waiting to see if we can get the HHs to import so we have more actual "meat" for a new cliffsnotes.
Going to start some reordering and rewriting of some of the original notes in anticipation of more material.

Pineapple- somehow I had read it as a minor leaguer tearing up the majors. Probably was someone responding to it instead. Anyhow my bad.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:02 AM

I try now another approach to get a result. You might consider this, first and foremost as a reversal of the burden of proof.

My approach is the question, who is Absolute Poker and who is the responsible gaming commission. On the Website of www.absolutepoker.com you find only this information:

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker and the Absolute Poker website are solely owned and operated by Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG, Route 138, Kahnawake, Quebec J0L 1B0. Tokwiro Enterprises ENRG is owned by a Mohawk of Kahnawake and is operated from the sovereign nation of the Mohawks of Kahnawake, located near Montreal Quebec. The Mohawks of Kahnawake have an aboriginal right to conduct online gaming that is recognized and protected by the Canadian Constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, we have now the address and we can ask Google Earth with "Quebec JOL 1BO" to find the residence of this Company, which owns Absolute Poker.

According to my information the servers are not in Costa Rica. They are located in North York, Canada. With Google Earth "43.759N, 79.444W" you can find exactly this place.

anathar said: "AP is in Costa Rica and runs everything from there. Suing them for less than 7 figs is probably pointless." This information is probably wrong. It might be, that they have the customer support there. But I found no address. Nowhere. I think you have to sue them in Canada or Kahnawake.

According to information found on Pokerconduct they follow the Rules and Regulations of the Haldimand Mohocks and Allies Gaming Commission an have the License No. 5GR74YDCS2T8.
Who is this Gaming Commission?

The former official webside was here. This webside is no longer valid. Only a backup can be found. You can buy this webside of the former Gaming Commission, if you like here. And here are some background information.

Haha, I understand now. Absolute has now a new Gaming Commission. This is the new one: http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/

[ QUOTE ]

Kahnawake Gaming Commission
P.O. Box 1799
Old Malone Highway
Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, QC J0L 1B0
CANADA
Fax Number: (450)635-1139

[/ QUOTE ]

And what happens when I search this address with Google Earth. Try Google Earth "QC JOL 1B0" and then you understand what I think. The Kanawake Gaming Commission has actually the same address than Absolute Poker. Very thight controll, really !!!

And this is an official statement of Absolute Poker I found on PokerConduct:

[ QUOTE ]

Hello,

1. This is our Gaming Commission, as Tony described you:

http://www.hmagc.com/index.htm

2. We are not a US based company, therefore we do not need to have our business there. Our customers are located on all parts of the world.

3. Our company is an online company, our location is the Internet world, which has different regulations that merchants who have their business on the ground. Our servers are not in Costa Rica, our Customer Support Department and main offices are located in Costa Rica.

4. Our Gaming Commission is located on Canada. It is not on an Indian Reservation, it is named after an Indian Reservation.

5. We cannot speak for other gaming sites. This is not our case.

If you have any doubts about us, we invite you to contact our Gaming Commission.

Best Regards,
Ana Cristina
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support"
Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]
HaHa, is already somewhat old. But one part of the message is still valid: "Our location ist the Internet world, which has different regulations than merchants who have their business on the ground".

I see. Absolute is in the air and the poker players are still on the ground.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:12 AM

I am an AP vip. I moved my br off the site a few months ago and was recently contacted by phone to redeposit. I was thinking about it due to the 9% interest and a few other things I was offered. I will never give AP or UB another dime of my business. I hope others will do the same.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:33 AM

so why should we believe this isnt/hasnt gone on at other sites?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so why should we believe this isnt/hasnt gone on at other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe what you want.

All we can do is keep our eyes open for evidence, and so far nobody's seen any on other sites.

If it's subtle cheating, well then they are taking some number of $$ from everyone I guess, but if you are still winning, what can you do?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of the analogies offered so far I like the Battleship one the best.
It is simple to follow and strongly parallel in the manner used to gain an advantage and inevitable outcomes.
I was trying to get a blind man playing darts to work. Battleship is better.

I've been waiting to see if we can get the HHs to import so we have more actual "meat" for a new cliffsnotes.
Going to start some reordering and rewriting of some of the original notes in anticipation of more material.

Pineapple- somehow I had read it as a minor leaguer tearing up the majors. Probably was someone responding to it instead. Anyhow my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude u decided against new Cliff notes?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea, and I think we all should contribute. I will personally offer someones $20 an hour to write this and do a great job on this and i suggest other people do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to contribute in any way I can. (I'm not saying that I am the most qualified person), but I am willing to write or help write, help organize, or do whatever else needs to be done. It would take a few people to get involved and get it done properly and effectively. If it was done right, it could have a massive impact.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how many AP reps do you think have posted in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
= the amount of people who have posted idiotic things like, "Dude, there are holes in your evidence" (pardon the pun).
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, the aggression factor is damning. It's not just a donk that decided, "Hey, I'm gonna try to be more aggressive and see what happens." It's a player who raises or folds EVERY river when it's an option, only losing the pot when he bluffs and fails, or declines to bluff. And his actions taken vs. his opponent's actual holdings are essentially perfect. He induces bluffs from draws he has high-carded and calls. He makes loose calls of PF pushes that he ALWAYS ends up being slightly ahead of. From that, it's not "Oh, a donk called a shove with A high because he's a donk," it's "Oh, someone WOULD call a shove with A high when he knows his opponent has K high, and given ALL THIS OTHER EVIDENCE he probably DOES know."

[/ QUOTE ]

I see so many flawed an biased reasonings in this thread that I just have to make another post. Sorry Kurt.

There ate two theories here:

1. AP is rigged
2: An idiot donk decides to never call river and run hot for a few hundred hands.

The HHs seem to support #1 above. But what if #2 was true. What would the HHs look like? What would the HHs look like if an idiot donk decides to never call river and then run hot for a few hundred hands. What would they look like?

Think about it!

They would look like he could see your hole cards!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many AP reps do you think have posted in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
= the amount of people who have posted idiotic things like, "Dude, there are holes in your evidence" (pardon the pun).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are cute.
Closed Thread