Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Party lock-ups, anybody else?

Is anybody else experiencing the Party client locking up? Rather than crashing and restarting like it used to do, it's started just totally locking up... not sure if it might be related to the close-down crashes as it only seems to happen after longish sessions.

Just got totally [censored] by it now as had 3xHU going with over 75% of chips in all... came back and had < 25% and lost them all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So sick of Party and their BS [censored] monthly "upgrades"... wtf can't they just leave it ALONE for once... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Party lock-ups, anybody else?

I had the same problem last night 6 tabling sng's, party just totally froze. No disconnect or crash. Had to restart my computer.

Fortunately i had just started a session and was mostly playing level 2/3 so got back without too much equity loss.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same problem last night 6 tabling sng's, party just totally froze. No disconnect or crash. Had to restart my computer.

Fortunately i had just started a session and was mostly playing level 2/3 so got back without too much equity loss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's SNG-specific?

I've now added a hotkey to the SNGHelper script that will kill and restart party much quicker than trying to do it manually and also something else to automatically click the "I am Back" button whenever it sees it - just played another 3 hour session and not had any probs (yet).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 PM

TO put it bluntly, my party client is COMPLETELY [censored], thats why i haven't played there in 2 months and i dont intend to play there again unless it ever gets fixed.

The problem i get is whenever i load ANY table it just freezes (90% of the time), it usually takes me about 10 minutes to get 4 tables going. I am unable to play SnG's incase of crashes and i CANNOT change cash game tables.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's SNG-specific?

I've now added a hotkey to the SNGHelper script that will kill and restart party much quicker than trying to do it manually and also something else to automatically click the "I am Back" button whenever it sees it - just played another 3 hour session and not had any probs (yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you are sharing the code for the "I am back" button??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TO put it bluntly, my party client is COMPLETELY [censored], thats why i haven't played there in 2 months and i dont intend to play there again unless it ever gets fixed.

The problem i get is whenever i load ANY table it just freezes (90% of the time), it usually takes me about 10 minutes to get 4 tables going. I am unable to play SnG's incase of crashes and i CANNOT change cash game tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya same here. totally ridic
Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Mine just randomly restarts.. Pain the [censored] ass..
Old 09-09-2007, 12:26 PM

When i shut it down it restarts. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

+ it starts freezing/disconnecting if 4+ tables
Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's SNG-specific?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you are sharing the code for the "I am back" button??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I'm just in the process of adding a few more things to PartySNGHelper and then I'll post the new version. If you know what to do in AHK then you can use this code snippet in a timer:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>; Call this to make sure we never end up sitting out.
AutoSitBackIn:

LobbyWindowTitle = Poker Lobby ; identify poker lobby substring
TableWindowTitle = Buy-in. ; identify pokertable substring

WinGet, lobbyID, ID, %LobbyWindowTitle%

WinGet, pid, PID, ahk_id%lobbyID%
WinGet, rlist, LIST, %TableWindowTitle% ahk_pid%pid%
Loop %rlist%
{
this_id := rlist%a_index%
If this_id != %lobbyID%
{
; Lets see if we can see the check button.
ControlGet, v, Visible, , AfxWnd42u17, ahk_id%this_id%
if (v)
{
ControlGetText, text, AfxWnd42u17, ahk_id%this_id%
IfInString, text, I am Back
{
ControlFocus, AfxWnd42u17, ahk_id%this_id%
Sleep, -1
ControlClick, AfxWnd42u17, ahk_id%this_id%
return
}
}