Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Default A hand I read about

I was poking around on another website and came across a blog from a well-known TV pro. He was describing a hand that he played recently in the $40-$80 game at the Bike in LA. Here's the hand:

[ QUOTE ]
I raised with pocket 99's and was three bet by Kevin who was in late position. Everyone folded and I called and we took the flop heads up. The flop fell 8/8/5 with two diamonds. I check, Kevin bet, I raised and he called. The turn brought the Jack of diamonds making three to a flush on board and I led out. To my surprise Kevin raised me. I called. The river was a King of clubs and again I led out into Kevin showing no weakness and without hesitating he raised me again! Well, at this point the only weakness he showed was flat calling my flop check-raise so I comfortably mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm posting this here because I don't understand Hero's play on the turn or river and wonder if I'm just missing something.

Does anyone else bet/fold the turn? If we're calling the turn raise (if we had the 9d), why wouldn't we c/c or c/f the river as opposed to b/f?