Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 11-24-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Stars Query

Have never played on stars myself as I've been building my bankroll looking for good sign up bonuses etc. Now I have a decent bankroll for playing 1/2 I'm looking for a site with good traffic 24/7 and a decent rakeback/cashback scheme.
Everyone in SSNL seems to be playing stars or FTP but the cash FPP bonus Stars gives doesnt seem to be anywhere near as good as 27% rakeback at FTP?

Any comments on this would be great as I currently play absolute and although their bonus/RB is good, I dont want to play there after recent scandal and traffic can suck there sometimes.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Stars Query

The way I see it, there are two reasons good players play there:

1) Because everyone plays there. LOL, I know, but it's true. Their high volume of players attracts more player because it provides great game selection.

2) Because they are American. If you are American, you don't have many choices, and some of them aren't very good. If you aren't American, get out there and try some different networks. There's softer sites with better bonuses. Sign up for a few through PSO or PokerSavvy and see which ones you like best.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:12 PM

one factor to play on Stars is also the option to multitable alot! i tried it at ongame and its really [censored] if you play 10 tables and a new one pop up everything starts to lagg and sometimes your hands time out :-( so if you are a FR multitabler there are not many options to play eiter stars or full tilt :-(
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have never played on stars myself as I've been building my bankroll looking for good sign up bonuses etc. Now I have a decent bankroll for playing 1/2 I'm looking for a site with good traffic 24/7 and a decent rakeback/cashback scheme.
Everyone in SSNL seems to be playing stars or FTP but the cash FPP bonus Stars gives doesnt seem to be anywhere near as good as 27% rakeback at FTP?

Any comments on this would be great as I currently play absolute and although their bonus/RB is good, I dont want to play there after recent scandal and traffic can suck there sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can make Supernova by the end of the Year, the stars fpp program is much better than FTP's rakeback. Until you hit Supernova, then I agree ftp's is better. 2500 VPP's a day at 1/2 for the rest of the year is tough, but not impossible. If you have had some play, its even less.