Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: I thought we were being friendly

I think that this is a fold. The most likely hands for you are KT, KJ, and Q9. He's risking a lot of money, trying to get you to make a hero call. I seriously doubt a nit risks that much money with less than the nuts with something else. 33 would almost definitely fold the flop, and I have no clue why he'd play TT/JJ like this.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
come on. you hit your hand and want to fold. you have the 2nd nuts. instacall

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon. A nit is overpushing like 15x pot or something. How can you think this argument isn't retarded?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:08 PM

huh? where's the action that defines our hand as KT, KJ, and Q9? Our hand is completely undefined, or should be.

I call here. No fist pump, no cartwheels but I think Teddy can show up with a set here a decent amount of the time. He's just not great.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM

Well, I mean, those are the most likely hands we can have that are strong, IMO. Obviously we have a lot of crap in there too, but I guess he's assuming we're folding most of that regardless of bet size.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. You need to be correct almost 50% and a nit pushes 250bb in a tiny pot. Wtf at calling. This is what he does with the nuts because the pot is small anyway and you're deep so he's hoping you'll make retarded call. We should also consider AQ is almost as many combos as all possible sets combined, and his line is more consisent with AQ than a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
and your correct more then 50% here vs sets and AQ. Lets asume this is a misclick a small part too, and maybe KJo sometimes too if hes tilting from another table or something. Or it could even be a super retarded played AA so were getting good odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point was that even if he's equally likely to play AQ and KK/JJ/TT/55/33 we're still behind almost 50% of the time. And:
1. He's more likely to play AQ this way on the flop/turn.
2. He's way way more likely to overpush 250bb with the nuts rather than a set.

I wouldn't be suprised if he does this bet on the river with AQ. I think it's quite reasonbale he'll rep something worse by making a gigantic push. I would be very suprised if he would the 3rd nuts (KK) or worse into a bluff with this huge push.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 PM

call and fist pump cause you win so many times here!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:24 PM

My main reasoning was that he plays flop more like AQ than KK or JJ by FAR.

He isn't completely braindead either, from what I've seen, so he probably think that river card helped me in some way.

Do work,

Rob
Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its funny tho, if i got a nitty image, i can expect to shove this and only get called by AQ. Sick fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you got a nitty image and start shoving in spots like this you'll not have a nitty image for much longer. Nits get a nitty image because they play nitty, when they stop playing nitty we adapt. We don't call here because there's a reason the nit is viewed as a nit, and that's partly because he don't make bluffs like this.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:38 PM

clearly a fold, this has to be AQ 90%+ of the time for him to make that big an over bet. about the PF call, I think that's fine, it was a min raise and it was deep, I probably call even if it's a normal 4x raise because I have position and we are 250xbb deep.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its funny tho, if i got a nitty image, i can expect to shove this and only get called by AQ. Sick fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you got a nitty image and start shoving in spots like this you'll not have a nitty image for much longer. Nits get a nitty image because they play nitty, when they stop playing nitty we adapt. We don't call here because there's a reason the nit is viewed as a nit, and that's partly because he don't make bluffs like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think most nits realize they have any image at all. When they realize, they are either trying to stop being nitty, or they become TAGs as opposed to nits.

The "concept" you have of using your table image to do something out of the box is, infact, an aggressive concept, and nits don't have it.