Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Sal, I can't believe they had the nerve to send you that email. That's one of the most unprofessional, not to mention ignorant, emails I have ever seen in my years of online poker. I have been following this topic from day 1, and I really hope you get cleared of any wrong doing. I also hope you pull every time out of the site immediately afterwards.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM

I know I'm not that important, but I am a level-headed person who doesn't engage in hyperbole. I have been with FullTilt since Party left. I was with Party from the beginning before that. I prefer to make one site my home.

Unless this issue is resolved for this player immediately I will no longer be doing business with Full Tilt. I don't play the stakes that Sal does, but the truth is that I wouldn't have his persistence to resolve it either. My life is just too busy to beg for my money back. I will abide by the rules and I want to know that my money will be there for me when I need it.

Pokerstars has a significantly better record in this respect and this situation has convinced my lazy ass that it is worth going through the withdrawal and deposit loopholes that I will have to do to make the switch. I felt like making this post because I know Full Tilt reads these boards and I get the feeling that they believe they are only impacting one customer. Really they are alienating many, some of whom are making the same change I am.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:06 PM

This situation is completely rediculous. If sal was money laundering or botting they would have accused her by now. The only possible reason they could be taking this long is if they are considering hanging a chip dumper/credit card chargeback on sal without effecient evidence, and thanks to the publicity on 2+2 they know their gonna get hosed by alot of players if they flatout steal the money without real evidence, so they are taking their sweet time with their "decision", which I am sure has already been decided one way or another.

The sick thing is, if this poster didn't post on 2+2 and make a commotion, the chance of fulltilt accusing OP of loosely being involved in money laundering or something goes way up, and there is nothing that players can do about it.

This whole thread will make me think long and hard before depositing on fulltilt in the future (assuming OP is cleared of any wrongdoing). If fulltilt decided to freeze the funds they better be willing to release a little more info then usual or alot of grinders are gonna jump ship.

IMO anyways. Site won't give me reloads and i suck at poker so i don't play there, but thats at least how i see it...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have given me absolutely no information, asked me 2 questions and have kept me in the dark for almost 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks sally. What questions did they ask?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM

2+2ers,

While I prefer to keep my comments on individual cases to PMs, I'd like to address some of the issues in this thread.

Until an investigation is complete, unfortunately, we cannot release any information about the case to anyone, not even the players involved. If we disclose details of a case before it is complete, we may be jeopardizing future progress or developments in the case. In the long run, keeping the information confidential protects the innocent players involved and protects our players by allowing us to gather “untainted” information in regards to our investigation.

The time it takes us to complete an investigation really depends on how long it takes to receive the information required from other parties, such as credit card companies, payment processors and other players. While we send frequent reminders to anyone we are waiting on, they may take a few days to respond which delays the investigation. Furthermore, a non-response from other players involved is information in and of itself, but it can take a number of days to determine a non-response. Basically, the turnaround time of an investigation can also be affected by those involved.

Having said that, I agree that we should meet any specific time frames that are communicated.

sillysal, I'm sorry that you were not initially contacted within the time you were told. I want you to know that we have since stressed the importance of communicating proper information to our players, and to not just tell them something to appease them. While we couldn’t always provide you with new information on your case, our records show that we replied to all of your emails within 24 hours (except for duplicate emails). Even when we couldn’t say anything that you hadn’t already heard, we always answered your emails with as much detail as we could give. We will always contact you as soon as we have any new information, which is why we have asked you to avoid asking the same questions over again.

I realize that you have a large amount of funds in your account, and I am truly sorry that you cannot access these funds right now. Unfortunately, prior evidence has shown that a player’s tenure and account balance do not correlate to the findings of an investigation. While we do make an effort to prioritize high profile cases, we also work to resolve all investigations as quickly as possible.

I do want to reiterate that we do not take account suspensions and investigations lightly. We realize the importance of freezing a player’s bankroll, and do not take that course of action without reasonable cause.

Sean
Old 10-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Heya Sean! It's good to see you on here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

update? I hope everything works out ok for you Sally

-Anton
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2ers,

The time it takes us to complete an investigation really depends on how long it takes to receive the information required from other parties, such as credit card companies, payment processors and other players. While we send frequent reminders to anyone we are waiting on, they may take a few days to respond which delays the investigation. Furthermore, a non-response from other players involved is information in and of itself, but it can take a number of days to determine a non-response. Basically, the turnaround time of an investigation can also be affected by those involved.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so if that is true why do we not see these kinds of threads for PokerStars or other large Poker rooms? Surely it must take them just as long to deal with the same companies? Maybe it's just that they are more co-operative towards the player involved?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, the turnaround time of an investigation can also be affected by those involved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Presumably the duration of the investigation is also affected by how many people you actually have checking into this? It seems that 18 days ought to be sufficient to clear or condemn someone. When you have seized $47K from someone, you owe it to that person to devote enough resources to the case to resolve it quickly.

When the investigation is resolved, will FTP disclose their investigative activity to back up your claim that the delay is due to waiting on third parties, rather than foot-dragging by FTP?

[ QUOTE ]
Our records show that we replied to all of your emails within 24 hours (except for duplicate emails).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but how many of these were nothing more than form e-mails, promises that it would take "just a few more days", or warnings for her to back off? An e-mail which conveys no actual information is worthless.

[ QUOTE ]
We will always contact you as soon as we have any new information, which is why we have asked you to avoid asking the same questions over again.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Don't call us, we'll call you. (Actually, we won't, since you can't talk to a live person). And don't you dare ask us more than once when we'll be done."

Sean, your players are watching with growing concern. I don't know sillysal from Adam - she could be innocent or guilty, but if you don't treat someone accused of misconduct fairly, and resolve things quickly, we could all be vulnerable to what she's going through if accused of misconduct in the future.

Carl.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While we couldn’t always provide you with new information on your case, our records show that we replied to all of your emails within 24 hours (except for duplicate emails).

[/ QUOTE ]

One of your reps also told Sillysal that the more she emailed them, the longer the investigation would take. It was a veiled threat that sillysal took very seriously. It was also completely disgusting to make the threat in the first place.

Would you care to explain (or apologize for) this?

And I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of players who are stating that we VERY VERY RARELY ever see threads like this about Pokerstars. Currently, integrity-wise you are closer to Absolute Poker than you are to Pokerstars. You really need to clean up your act.