Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: $5.50 - AKs in SB, is this a fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Read the post by Woodguy in the MTT wisdom thread on not passing up opportuities like this ...it'll change your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That link didnt work.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 AM

i am newer to poker, but i have had alot of success with ak in tournys. i always re raise. mid pairs usually fold pf and that huge pf raise looks like the player is protecting a pair or even ak. i doubt it would be a blind steal with 75 in the pot so i would definatly rr. he pushes, yeah it's race but i doubt he pushes. if you dont hit on the flop, raise anyway, but your 33% to hit an a or k than his 20% to hit trips. in a tourny thats the risk you have to take sometimes. this pf raise looks funny, like protection. and post flop, i think its easy to fold ak to a huge bet unlike aa where iv'e insta called and the opponant turns up trips.anyone responed to my post please. i appretiate the feedback.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:15 AM

I think i would just push pre; you are shoving for a 17% gain to your stack, and you want fold equity and to see 5 cards.

also, playing oop post flop sucks, i really like pushing
Old 11-25-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like erc007 says,if you 3bet,he'll have a really tough decision even if he has a good hand,he'll throw away a lot of pairs,and that's what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he folded, it would be the first time I ever saw someone at a $5.50 fold preflop after raising 6 BB's in the first hour of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case shove,
Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like erc007 says,if you 3bet,he'll have a really tough decision even if he has a good hand,he'll throw away a lot of pairs,and that's what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he folded, it would be the first time I ever saw someone at a $5.50 fold preflop after raising 6 BB's in the first hour of the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case shove,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... if shaundeeb is telling me to push... I'm pushing next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for your input everyone, looks like I'm a bit too nitty (I folded in this situation, the OG limper called and folded to the CO's c-bet)... gg me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]