Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:28 AM

Default lol scammed off craigslist, PS2 cd doesn\'t spin, help me get this guy

I've been dealing with a broken PS2 for the last week or so and decided to look up some PS2's on craigslist today. I got a quick phone call from one guy but when I requested that I wanted to see it working before I bought it he said something about his mom probably not being cool with a stranger coming in the house (not his exact words). So I told him to make a video of it and upload it to youtube and send me the link, he agreed to do this and said it would be up by 7. At around 7 he calls me back and says he's having trouble uploading the video to his computer but he has it on his phone which he can show me when I go meet him. I agree to this and we set up a meet immediately.

Me and my friend have a 15 minute drive to the meet spot and we spot the dude and he shows me the video on his phone. He shows me the intro loading of the PS2 but not an actual game loading, for those unfamiliar with the ps2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d51tL1cxJfQ
Compared to that clip he shows me the part up to 25 seconds, anything after that is a game loading and not what I see. This is actually enough to satisfy my desire to know that it works mostly because my previous ps2 could load games but the display was all screwy/snowy so I didn't even suspect that this console might not be able to load games.

I do some other stuff for 3-4 hours and try it when I get home. The power connector at the back of the console is very loose, you have to secure it and make sure it's connected or else it won't turn on and obviously you can't move the console very much/at all once it's on (not a deal breaker). The other problem I have though is that the cd doesn't [censored] spin and obviously nothing will load. It does make a loud clicking noise that I don't think it's supposed to make.

I just called him back and got a busy signal. I tried again 10 minutes later and a female picked up (lol), so I say I'm looking for the guy that sold me the PS2 earlier today. She says I have the wrong number, I say O.K. tell him I'm looking for him, bye.

If by chance anybody knows this douchebag in the islington and dixon area it won't hurt for me to say where the meet took place. I've also put in a reverse phone look up on his number at www.intelius.com and hopefully they can help me out with everything I need but last time I used their service I was unsuccessful.

OOT, help me find this guy and get great justice.

Cliffnotes: I meet a dude off craigslist selling a PS2 who does just enough to satisfy my desire to know that the console works. Unfortunately when I get home, I realize I've been conned and it doesn't work. I have his phone number and he is avoiding me. Now, how to get swift justice.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 AM

Default Re: lol scammed off craigslist, PS2 cd doesn\'t spin, help me get this

If possible try to find something else he's selling, act like the PS2 works great, show up to buy the next item, beat the living [censored] out of him. Take any monies he has on his person. Profit.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If possible try to find something else he's selling, act like the PS2 works great, show up to buy the next item, beat the living [censored] out of him. Take any monies he has on his person. Profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just to spite him take the next broken item he's selling.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:32 AM

this isn't bbv4life.

also, no one can help you unless you post a name and phone number.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The wheels are already in motion for this. I'm going to be checking daily for any new ads by this guy
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 AM

this guy wouldn't happen to have been from seattle, would he? :/
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 AM

Toronto
Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy wouldn't happen to have been from seattle, would he? :/

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 AM

lol caveat emptoraments
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 AM

Congratulations. You have just learned a life lesson (take your pick): never trust anyone/I am a retard.

Good luck on your quest for justice.