Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 PM

Default K J os $5/10

I know that a huge weakness of mine is that I refuse to bluff or end up just calling raises oop on flops like this and then c/f when things don't go my way. My read on villan is that he's 2p2 but that's just based on stats and I have no significant read on him (which is another big weakness of mine that I'm trying to correct, but that's not the point of this post).

My point is that I'm wondering if anyone 3 bets this flop and follows the bluff on the turn folding easily to a turn raise if I don't catch a J Q K or 9 on the turn in order to get villan to fold whatever piece of the flop he has on the river.

Again I have no specific read on villan, but he probably views me as a little weak because I refuse to 3 bet when I miss flops like this . . . in other words, with QQ here I 3 bet all day, but with AK I b/c the flop raise from BB who I assume is 2p2.

Pre-flop discussion is pretty worthless given what I've written above.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: K J os $5/10

What's he doing open limping?

I don't see any point in 3 betting the flop. I believe he's never folding a better hand. He has to call the turn when you bloat the pot, and by the time he gets to the river it'll be about 9BB.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:49 AM

- He may be 2p2 but if he open limps in HJ he is bad.

- 3-betting flop is spew. I wouldnt ever do that. If I want someone to fold a beter hand I call flop and c/r turn if a scare card drops.

- c/r'ing turn is an option but I would like a read regarding how SD bound villain is. This particular turn is helping a lot of the drawing hands he c/r'es the flop with so I think I just c/c turn against most.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My point is that I'm wondering if anyone 3 bets this flop and follows the bluff on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[ QUOTE ]
in other words, with QQ here I 3 bet all day, but with AK I b/c the flop raise from BB who I assume is 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

what else? Bluff like a spew llama in a game where everybody sees showdowns with K high?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

table select good and make the less mistakes you can ( not bluffing when ppl show strength) and you will be fine
Old 06-12-2007, 06:16 AM

@sharpie + oink

Sheak revers BB as villain not the MP limper.