Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Drug Posts

i hate arguing politics/religion/drug legalization on the internet because it usually just makes everyone involved look retarded.

but uh, why is other people's drug use any of the government's (or your) business? a free society should have laws to prevent people doing harm to others, not to themselves. should the govt also ban rock climbing, sky diving, alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, gambling, and any other activity that does more tangible harm than good?

if you don't want to do drugs thats fine. you'll probably have a longer life expectancy than a heavy drug user. but other people's drug use is none of your business so shut the [censored] up.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pants Optional, you are clearly ignorant on the subject which you are trying to argue

[/ QUOTE ]

and what, i have to be some druggie to not be ignorant?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's saying you dont have a clue because your entire argument is trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not easy to argue about something when its so completely obvious to yourself. like i shouldnt have to say anything, they should already know its wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like seriously dude. Who told you doing drugs was wrong? You said you weren't religious, so it must not be god. Then who?

Your Mom and Dad? D.A.R.E? And what is wrong anyway? Can you define 'wrong' for us?

You are 20 years old. Hopefully you are in a college where some of your professors might teach you to start thinking for yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

not 20 yet. thats in 6 months

and wrong as in immoral, but its not just that. its very expensive (and im already a tightwad), runs risks from the law, even if it is just getting it confiscated, kinda of unnerving, and on top of that, theres not much point to it other then a temporary high...not worth it

id also say the last problem is that i live very deep in the bible belt

yes im aware of my gambling and talking about immorality isnt exactly working together
Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate arguing politics/religion/drug legalization on the internet because it usually just makes everyone involved look retarded.

but uh, why is other people's drug use any of the government's (or your) business? a free society should have laws to prevent people doing harm to others, not to themselves. should the govt also ban rock climbing, sky diving, alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, gambling, and any other activity that does more tangible harm than good?

if you don't want to do drugs thats fine. you'll probably have a longer life expectancy than a heavy drug user. but other people's drug use is none of your business so shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

its kind of hard for it not to be my business when i keep seeing others drug use in most forums i read. they want it to be my business
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 AM

also, believe it or not I am VERY liberal socially including drug enforcement. I just dont want the crappy threads to continue.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 AM

We need to ban all drug users immediately.

We can start with Thayer. Then we can stop.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We need to ban all drug users immediately.

We can start with Thayer. Then we can stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
BRILLIANT!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pants Optional, you are clearly ignorant on the subject which you are trying to argue

[/ QUOTE ]

and what, i have to be some druggie to not be ignorant?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's saying you dont have a clue because your entire argument is trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not easy to argue about something when its so completely obvious to yourself. like i shouldnt have to say anything, they should already know its wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can I keep on talking to someone who's so happy to be ignorant?

[/ QUOTE ]

as opposed to willingly putting yourself out of your mind while causing bodily damage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you give us your opinion on steroids too please.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 AM

Pants Optional,

Please describe your history of marijuana use.

On roughly how many occasions have you smoked marijuana?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pants Optional,

Please describe your history of marijuana use.

On roughly how many occasions have you smoked marijuana?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh a banana
Old 08-01-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is other people's drug use any of the government's (or your) business? a free society should have laws to prevent people doing harm to others, not to themselves. should the govt also ban rock climbing, sky diving, alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, gambling, and any other activity that does more tangible harm than good?

[/ QUOTE ]

schwah basically already gave the correct response. Anyone I meet who has a problem with what people do in their own house/property while not harming others AND thinks it's the Governments responsibility to impose morals/take away personal rights from their citizens I immediately hate, and don't think I could ever be friends with them.
Closed Thread