Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Harvard Poker Debates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% going to the first, dunno if I'll have time for the second (I mean... I won't, just a question of whether I go anyway). I'll bring a camera if I remember.

Justin, from knowing Nesson indirectly, I'm 99.9% sure he would love it if you did that, and he might do it himself. But you should def bring a camcorder if you have one. Feel free to email him in advance, nesson at law dot harvard dot edu

[/ QUOTE ]
Funkii,
You're definitely going to the 1st one? I am going to be cutting it close as I leave DC on a plane @ 1:55 and go to Manchester, NH from there so it will be a close call to get to Boston for it but I am going to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if the party is at going to be at the first of these, then I'll be there as well. You flying Southwest, Justin? I love them and all, but I quickly learned that it's just not worthwhile to trek to Manchester/Providence. And I agree with Funkii, Nesson would love to have this webcast on 2+2 or wherever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I fly out of Manchester but I normally go home/home not my apt in Boston in between so Manch is usually easier. I think its an 1hr 5min flight or something though which puts me in Manchester @ 3pm. I am buying a new camcorder in a day or so and might do it on my DC trip so if I can get it charged and can get to the discussion I will record and post it.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't know Howard was allowed to be in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, opening himself up to questions regarding the legality of online poker and his role in it doesn't seem very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of people actually showing up there to arrest him rather than someone asking him questions
Old 10-12-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't know Howard was allowed to be in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, opening himself up to questions regarding the legality of online poker and his role in it doesn't seem very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of people actually showing up there to arrest him rather than someone asking him questions

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard lives in the US. He was at an event similar to this at HLS a few months ago. He was playing the WSOP. Etc.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 AM

Theyw ill probably tape it and put it up on the harvard interweb somewhere. They almost always do this.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 AM

I graduated from HLS in 2006 and worked a bit with Nesson. He has everything taped and put up on the net. I'm not sure if it will be password protected.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 AM

The Harvard Poker Debates will be filmed (streamed if possible - url to follow if we can set that up) and will be available in a couple of days at www.gpsts.org.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM

here right now w/ foucault
to quote nesson, before starting, "technology is out to [censored] you"
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM

btw if anyone has any questions I should be able to ask them
Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 PM

"It's not just decisions under pressure, it's decisions under pressure with incomplete information, which is what life is."

-Howard Lederer
Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm guessing foucault will probably post a trip report later since he was taking notes, but long story short:

nesson: bizarre but very smart guy who has good ideas for how to legalize poker
lederer: normal and very smart guy who has good ideas for how to legalize poker
crandell addington: typical old poker player, has no idea how to form an argument or answer a question, and has no good ideas for how to legalize poker. got into an argument with him about whether there is any skill involved in preflop poker. my argument probably wasn't very good because I get awkward speaking in front of a lot of people, but his was worse so its cool, and I could see howard nodding along with me as I talked.
foucault: cool guy. had a nice conversation with him about how terrible making lots of money at poker is.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna go tomorrow, but it should be a lot better (but perhaps less entertaining) without crandell there.